The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Hope'n'grope

Where's the sad button?  Trust me, nothing to do with this election cycle makes me :).

It reminds me of when the satirical cartoon Doonesbury used the name "Herr Gröpenfuhrer" to refer to a prominent and popular California politician (an Austrian expatriate with a famously thick German accent who, at one point in his career, had been a well known actor) who had some issues with that sort of thing. I thought it quite witty then*.

* twelve years ago as it turns out.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

Where's the sad button?  Trust me, nothing to do with this election cycle makes me :).

It reminds me of when the satirical cartoon Doonesbury used the name "Herr Gröpenfuhrer" to refer to a prominent and popular California politician (an Austrian expatriate with a famously thick German accent who, at one point in his career, had been a well known actor) who had some issues with that sort of thing. I thought it quite witty then*.

* twelve years ago as it turns out.

I am sure he'll be back...

tumblr_oeqtoah1r71qbva5ao1_1280.png

source: The Ottawa Evening Herald, January 27, 1902.

Well he wasn't entirely wrong. Almost everyone alive in 1902, and almost certainly anyone capable of reading that article, is now dead.

• Like 2

• Trade Member

tumblr_oeqtoah1r71qbva5ao1_1280.png

source: The Ottawa Evening Herald, January 27, 1902.

Well he wasn't entirely wrong. Almost everyone alive in 1902, and almost certainly anyone capable of reading that article, is now dead.

According to the Guinness World Records the current oldest man in the world was born in September 1903, so everyone from when it's printed would be dead. I would also be happy to believe that most of the people alive are crazy in some form (myself included).

Gary

• Like 3