The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Fun video on you tube   but dont watch if you suffer from mottion sickness.

https://youtu.be/V4RIBmM2ZF0

Nice find! Kind of like a cross between Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom's Mine Car chase, and the Pod Race from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, I like it. The music is not at all like either of those two though :D

Does that set precedent for asking for your money back from some Model Railway exhibitions?

I knew a bloke tried to do that once.

He went off to work abroad for 2 months. On his return he found his once girl friend had cleared off with all her belongings.

Before she left she had kindly watered all of his very expensive carpets before spreading them all with a liberal dose of mustard and cress seeds. She had switched the central heating on full blast, left all the lights on, rang the speaking clock in Deyton Ohio then left the phone of the hook.

On his return, opening the front door he was greeted by a green carpet of considerabye higher pile that the red carpet he remembered. After being informed of what time it was in Ohio, he panicked and rang the fire brigade. The brigade duly turned up with all the sirens and blue lights going, alerting the entire neighbourhood to the unfortunates plight.

The crew of the fire engine after quite some considerable time, due to suffering from uncontrollable fits of laughter, suggested with straight faces, as a first stage of clean up: the use of a lawn mower! They then left the scene

With his bags still standing in the front porch our hero went to look in the garage, probably to find some inspiration on where to start operation clean up and contemplating that he may have to sleep in the car that night. (The Beds had also received the cress seed treatment).

Things went from bad to worse as on entering the garage he found both his cars had had their interiors expertly filled with expanding foam. No problems, there was still the bath in which he could sleep. That idea soon went out of the window as on entering the bathroom after fighting his way through all the cress he found the toilet bowl exploded due to his ex filling the U bend with more of that dastardly expanding foam.

The upside to all this was he learnt to make a mean Egg & Cress sandwich.

P

Starting with ExpoEM this afternoon??? (you know who I mean!)

Well there you go. Once you start letting wimmin into model railway exhibitions the standards just fly out of the window.

(There's me going to get a poke in the eye with a sharp stick again)

P