The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

That's some 18 year olds there are still a few out there who would storm a beach. even if some in society would be concerned that one of them would brake a finger nail. Health and safety on the battle field is a grave concern. You could have someone's eye out with that bullet and I think we should use rubber bayonets because they might hurt someone.

Marc   

• Like 1

In Vietnam, the average age was 19.... :(

That's actually a myth. The average age of entry into military service in the Vietnam era was 19 but the average age on the battlefield was 22. The average age of American KIAs was 22.8.

Cheers

David

I'm slightly reminded of an incident that occurred (quite) a few years ago near where some friends of mine live, in a fairly rural area of northern Spain. A truck carrying fruit and veg rolled over after a tyre burst. Within a very short time indeed the wreckage had been stripped clean of anything edible by a small army of archetypal little old ladies in black dresses and hobnailed boots.

We speculated at the time that one of said old ladies had applied skills learned as a guerrilla in the Civil War and shot out the tyre from cover :D.

• Like 5