The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Don't knock that last one.

That way was far cheaper then a taxi, and regularly used by some of my customers returning home after a night out in Oakham.

Thay don't read this forum, so I should get away with it.

Regards

Ian

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Don't knock that last one.

That way was far cheaper then a taxi, and regularly used by some of my customers returning home after a night out in Oakham.

Thay don't read this forum, so I should get away with it.

Regards

Ian

...But all without insurance...

A bit close to home, therefore not as funny to 'non-insiders'

Went to another store yesterday which is having a refurbishment.

Normally, the rule is if you can pinch it for yours, pinch it, because anything that gets ripped out gets replaced, not stock of course because it's a blooming well organised venture to strip all the saleable articles out and it's all categorised and labelled before being fed back to our depots and superstores for a week whilst the fitting out is done, and we all value our jobs too much to get caught nicking!

Before I could even ask 'can I have that shelf/ poster/ filing cabinet?' The lead manager pulls all the rest of us managers together and says 'don't bother pinching anything because I'll just search you on your way out'.

Cue a massive pile of stashed items (not stock!) appearing by the exit to the store and one smug looking manager.

It did make me smile, at least I wasn't the only one who'd gone with a shopping list of sundry items of paperwork, fixtures, fittings and files to try 'rehome' in my branch!

Jon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
The only reason I can think of that he doesn't have a tv show is because their risk assessments can't handle him ;)

Even Top Gears daftest schemes pail in comparison :)

Can you imagine him taking on Robot Wars?

Edited by PaulRhB