The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Now you know why it was on sale at Asda.

thankfully in the words of ade edmonson in "nevilles island"....... "im not an outdoors person, i have a duvet, its 30tog"

its a good power pack though 8000mAh for £8 

• RMweb Gold

I don't suppose Warren delivers, does he? To North Yorkshire?

BTW Warrens do delivery (presumably by post or some such means) so you can calm down and get on the website

http://warrensbakery.co.uk/shop-online.html

And North Yorkshire would appear to be in range judging by this example (unless Glasgow has moved?)

http://warrensbakery.co.uk/medium-cornish-steak-pasties.html

Which reminds me - it's about time Mrs Stationmaster made some pasties

Going back to Warrens, sort of related ...

A few years ago now, but Samworth Brothers, they who own so called Ginsters Cornish Pasty factory, wanted to make cream horns. A local Somerset company near here, (who say they make rubbish, i.e. they make the moulds for making the plastic vacuum forming packaging used for sandwiches, etc.) was asked, as a rush job to make the tooling for packaging pairs of cream horns.  I was there on Friday afternoon when three guys from almost Cornwall arrived and loaded their cars with thousands of trial vac formed packaging samples.

They then scooted back to Callington, and on the Friday night staff loaded said packaging with cream horns, shoved them in an artic, and drove around Britain over the weekend to test out the packaging, to see if the pastries were damaged in transit. I'm sure there are better/cheaper ways of testing, but hey, it's Cornwall, almost.

Edited by raymw