The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Well the house that was used in the Aussie Classic "The Castle" is up for rent ( https://www.realestate.com.au/property/3-dagonet-st-strathmore-vic-3041) 

Remember it is close to the airport, Dale Kerrigan: The real estate agent said 'location location location' and we were right next to the airport!

Then again Farouk's comment " He say plane fly overhead, drop value. I don't care. In Beirut, plane fly over, drop bomb. I like these planes"  

Or Darryl's comment " what is it with you ###### and cash"

Now, no one draw lines with Horse and Dennis Denuto. Dennis Denuto: It's the vibe of the thing, your Honour.

So if you don;t smile at this lot you haven't seen the film.... (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118826/) it is quite funny.

"Jousting sticks, what do you want with jousting sticks...... whats he want for them?"

I can't find a smiley for a blank look. This means nothing to me. Is it an Aussie thing?

steve

I can't find a smiley for a blank look. This means nothing to me. Is it an Aussie thing?

Yes, it is an Aussie thing - particularly the Aussie underdog thing, something in which we take great pride.

It is a 1997 movie called "The Castle" about a homeowner whose house is threatened with eminent domain during an airport expansion. 

Edited by Ozexpatriate

Yes, it is an Aussie thing - particularly the Aussie underdog thing, something in which we take great pride.

It is a 1997 movie called "The Castle" about a homeowner whose house is threatened with eminent domain during an airport expansion.

The must-see film for anyone living near Heathrow Airport.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Austin Maxi there are approximately 93 still on the road and another 75 on SORN.

one of the first Hatchbacks, although there were proposals for a Mini hatch back some years before...

Austin Maxi there are approximately 93 still on the road and another 75 on SORN.

one of the first Hatchbacks, although there were proposals for a Mini hatch back some years before...

After my parents had one I felt they were massively under rated. It was the most reliable car they ever had, including up to the current Toyota Yaris. Only time it failed to start was when my Mum had left the lights on and drained the battery. They were the second owners and ran it for nine years. No sign of poor build quality and it was the first larger family car to combine all the features that nowadays most larger cars have. It was the first production car to have a five speed gearbox as standard across the entire range from the outset, and of course it had the front wheel drive/transverse engine layout as well as the previously mentioned hatchback. It's only fault was that it eventually succumbed to rust.

Even now I still find it hard to believe that a BL product was the most reliable car they had!

• Like 3

I don't think it would stretch a point too far to suggest that the first hatchback was the Austin A40 Estate, with the identical 2-box styling of the A40 saloon but with a horizontally split tailgate. I can't think of too much else of the time (or earlier) that really meets any objective criteria that might be applied.*

*My own being 2-box shape and the ability to open the whole of the back of the car but with a roof which doesn't extend substantially behind the rear seats. It could be reasonably argued that only a full tailgate like the Maxi really qualifies but I incline to a looser interpretation.

• Like 1