The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

regards the "welsh thing" i had it happen to me at octel in amlwch when i went there to deliver something, the guys began talking welsh when i got there so i let them get on with it, when he said something funny and i laughed he did a double take and said "did you understand what i just said", my reply, "well yes i'm welsh and its my first langauge" (having been schooled in llwyngwril, mold and bala since i was 4), they obviously weren't expecting someone with what they probably heard as a scouse accent to understand them

as it happens i've actually quite enjoyed working in Machynlleth this last week being able to hone up my welsh skills, not so much speaking it but listening into conversations and seeing if i can still understand them!

Back in my school days we were on Army Cadets camp on an island in the Menai Straits. In those days the only place open on Sunday evening was the milk bar. When we went in the local youths started talking in Welsh. One of our number, despite talking like a native Brummie actually hailed from the area and spent most holidays there at his Aunt's house. 

The locals started discussing where and when they would give us a good hiding so he went over and told them in Welsh that as the away team choice of time and armaments was up to us. 

• RMweb Premium

I can't understand why you shouldn't - why shouldn't a shop have two trays of eggs out at the same time?  (Hardly a 'story' anyway as it actually happened)

Sorry, 'story' is a poor choice of word, for something that obviously occurred.

But I don't get the two trays of eggs bit. Who said anything about only one tray of eggs? A shop should always sell the oldest stock first. Eggs come in different sizes & all sorts of variations, so obviously they need to be in different locations, except I have never seen a supplier openly tell selected customers than one type is a better product than the other.

A bakery here got 'done' for selling contaminated food, the problem was that they were using cheap eggs - ones with cracked shells and the resultant salmonella killed several people.

• RMweb Gold

I think we're missing some important questions here...

Are England, N Ireland and Wales still allowed to play in Euro 2016 ?

And how will Ireland cope in the 6 (4?) Nations ?

• RMweb Gold

I think we're missing some important questions here...

And how will Ireland cope in the 6 (4?) Nations ?

Well since Russia are in Euro 2016, anyone can get in!

The difference will be that in future we will be the teams playing without shirts because they'll be too expensive.

And it won't make any difference to the 6 Nations since everybody hates England anyway.

On the bright side: no one will vote for the UK in Eurovision which means we will avoid the expense of hosting it.  (I just can't wait for Australia to win.)

• Like 3

Well it's sunny here at the moment, that makes me smile.

Yes, really brightened up the sewage-stinking roads on the way to the bus I thought.

*Please* can they introduce negative scores for Eurovision. And possibly fictional entrants - I still think we'd beat Skaro's (Dalek version of Stand By Your Man), but I'm not sure about Mordor.

Well it's sunny here at the moment, that makes me smile.

So if it had been the other way round yesterday - really sunny day "down Loonton" but thundery floods up in the North East, the Midlands and Wales - would the result have been any different?

:nono:

dh

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

You forgot Scotland...

Oh.... b*gger...... oops.

Cheers,

Mick