The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

There's some beauties there. :mosking:

There are plenty of examples where roles are reversed in the "help desk" conversation too.

I could describe a recent telephone call with my cable TV provider, but it doesn't make me :)

And yes, that conversation involved "try unplugging it and plugging it back in".

• RMweb Gold

Strange place, Hebden Bridge.

attachicon.gifIMG_0363.JPG

You wouldn't say that if you'd ever worked in train planning.  The passenger planning lot at Swindon WR HQ always had their office Christmas Dinner in July - and the pub at Kemble where they went laid on decorations, Christmas crackers, the lot.

(One of our former freight planners is supposed to be investigating the place to see if it would make a suitable summer lunch venue for the WR HQ freight planners - regrettably we won't need a very large dining room.)

• Like 2

(I had to check the date on this...)

Europe's robots to become 'electronic persons' under draft plan

Europe's growing army of robot workers could be classed as "electronic persons" and their owners liable to paying social security for them if the European Union adopts a draft plan to address the realities of a new industrial revolution.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/europes-robots-become-electronic-persons-under-draft-plan-170708335--sector.html

There have been several versions of this go around in the last few days. Does anybody know if it's actually true?

They feel a bit like urban legends to me.  Just a bit too pat for me.

I tried a couple of searches on Snopes - nothing turned up.

I’m afraid that the BBC site is not run by Lord Reith......... I’ve noticed recently that some of their headlines are unintelligible  due to bad grammar and shoddy reporting - but I don’t collect them to prove it.

You have to watch the BBC site from the USA - 30 second adverts before any filmed news items, etc. I have Adblock and it is still a tedious site to skim through.

Best, Pete.