The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Dare I say that my 4 legged companion (see Avatar!) does this usually after dinner when I have sat down for a bit of TV watching.....But is really saying... "Oi you I want a walk!"

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

We sat on the sofa last night watching one of those "improving" videos by Woodland Scenics.

At the end, the voice beside me said "it only took her an hour"

Followed by my blank look

And then her follow-through: "you've been at it for over a year"

- Richard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This was posted on a fishing website that myself and Mr Bullock subscribe to.

I had to look twice, but all good fishermen use optical tricks to "enhance" their fishermen's tales.

post-6925-0-70492300-1459967865.jpeg

Neil

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Reminds me the sign on escalators, dogs must be carried, how the hell do you find a dog in the middle of a shopping mall?

Also one of the plastic glues I use says that in the state of California it is known to cause cancer, guess I'll not be doing any modelling there then.

Mike.

• Like 1

Reminds me the sign on escalators, dogs must be carried, how the hell do you find a dog in the middle of a shopping mall?

At least when there's a sign that says "No dogs allowed", you can go in without one, although it's obviously preferable to have one with you!

Four old timers were playing their weekly game of golf, one remarked how nice it would be to wake up on Christmas morning, roll out of bed and without an argument go directly to the golf course, meet his buddies and play a round.

His buddies all chimed in said, "Let's do it! We’ll make it a priority; figure out a way and meet here early, Christmas morning."

Months later, that special morning arrives, and there they are on the golf course. The first guy says, "Boy this game cost me a fortune! I bought my wife a diamond ring that she can’t take her eyes off it."

The second guy says, "I spent a ton too. My wife is at home planning the cruise I gave her. She was up to her eyeballs in brochures.”

The third guy says “Well my wife is at home admiring her new car, reading the manual.”

They all turned to the last guy in the group who is staring at them like they have lost their minds. "I can't believe you all went to such expense for this golf game. I slapped my wife on the bum and said, "Well babe, Merry Christmas! It’s a great morning — intercourse or golf course --"

She said, "Don't forget your hat."

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The wonders of modern science.

Just put dinner in the oven & just checked the temperature & timing.

Happened to spot a Caution notice.

CAUTION, FILLINGS ARE HOT ONCE COOKED

I didn't know that.