The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

The Python Corollary to Godwin's Law. 

As any internet discussion* grows longer, the probability of a reference to Monty Python approaches one.

* topics involving cheese, Vikings, Romans, Arthurian legend, or pet birds shorten the time to reach unity by a factor proportional to the length of the existing discussion.

"I merely meant, Your Majesty, that you shine out like a Shaft of Gold, when all around is dark".

Has to be one of the best recovery lines, ever written. Yet few people seem to know it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That's the problem with old pouffes cluttering up the place..................

attachicon.gifpoof.....jpg

you can guarantee that the initial story was a big headline on  the front page, the correction was buried some in the back, I note there is no apology!

https://youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY I wondered if it was going to turn around and smack the guy with the stick.

The version that followed it has (rather rude) commentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkY0QbZHjI

Not sure this sort of things makes me smile, or maybe I've just watched too many sci-fi films about robots taking power over humans.

Idly browsing farcefu*k earlier, I came across something an acquaintance had liked;

http://travel.excite.co.uk/town-in-italy-starts-using-silent-fireworks-as-a-way-of-respecting-their-animals-N52632.html

NOTE: I'm not responsible if this site causes your computer to run slowly or crash, I usually find such linked to sites on fb or fb itself, do!

Anyway, the story is that an Italian town is going to start using "silent" fireworks, to help dog anxiety.

Now, I am well aware that dogs in particular DO suffer from firework 'bangs' - I'm NOT laughing at that in any way, what I'm laughing at is the comments on fb by the gullible muppet wombles.

I mean, come on! Silent explosions, think about it for a moment - please!

^^^

I thought 12 hours of Labour was more to do with parliamentary party meetings.

In today's Times, the diarist Patrick Kidd writes:

Mankind produces a million litres of s.emen every day, Steve Jones, the geneticist, said in a talk this week. He had tossed off this statistic in his book Y: The Descent of Man, writing that it was 'the equivalent of the volume of the Thames as it passed Westminster'. For the reprint, he thought it best to check the facts with Thames Water. 'I've had complaints about the quality of our water,' the chief executive wrote back, 'but never this.' It turned out Jones had over-estimated. Mind you, that was before Boris Johnson returned to parliament.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

^^^

I thought 12 hours of Labour was more to do with parliamentary party meetings.

In today's Times, the diarist Patrick Kidd writes:

Mankind produces a million litres of s.emen every day, Steve Jones, the geneticist, said in a talk this week. He had tossed off this statistic in his book Y: The Descent of Man, writing that it was 'the equivalent of the volume of the Thames as it passed Westminster'. For the reprint, he thought it best to check the facts with Thames Water. 'I've had complaints about the quality of our water,' the chief executive wrote back, 'but never this.' It turned out Jones had over-estimated. Mind you, that was before Boris Johnson returned to parliament.

'Tossed off', a great choice of words.