The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Must admit that my 10yo daughter loves the pets trailer.... I enjoy it as I think it is closer to the truth than we pet owners know. 

Indiana the beagle certainly gets up to things when we are not around. As we back onto a school we are aware that at times he does get out... to his joy and the school kids :jester: ... to the point that the PE teacher said to Mrs DougN it was the first time that she had seen some of the kids run!  :O

I do wonder if the school was properly fenced that we get permission for crazy beagle to be the school pet! But as we know the nanny state  :nono: All dogs are dangerous! infact even the gas meter reader thought he was dangerous. My comment only if you are between him and food, or smelled interesting. 

Vets tend to call Beagles "life support systems for a nose!" 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life. As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently, I'm still lost....it's a man thing.

"Well I loved that dog". In best Harison Ford voice!

That is partly how the dog got his name as he was into every thing and always getting himself into scrapes! At 3yo he is no better.

Edited by DougN
  • Like 2

David Beckham gets into a cab, and he sees the driver looking at him in the rear view mirror. After about 5 minutes, the driver says "OK, give me a clue". Beckham says "I had a glittering career at Man U,played for Real Madrid,played in America, and also got over 100 caps for England, is that enough?" The driver says "No you thick git, where are you going!"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Today I received a letter - purportedly from our Doctor's surgery regarding taking part in some sort of drug trial.  But oddly the sender's address on the back of the envelope was Radstock, the firm conducting the drug trial is in Reading, and the pre-paid reply envelope is to an address in Middlesborough.  If somebody had come on the 'phone with a tale like that I'd have told them where to go!