The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

My little un is obsessed with michael jacksons 'thriller' since he learned the dance at a halloween party, he has watched the video hundreds of times and has it down to a tee

Last weekend we went to madame tussauds in blackpool where they have a dummy of MJ, when we showed gethin and said "look, michael jackson",

he looked round the room and said "where?"

We Pointed him out and he still looked puzzled

"thats not michael jackson, he's the wrong colour"

"oh"

,"yes, michael jackson has a red top and pants on"

"Phew!"

CE4275BB-46FB-4CDD-813E-40FCD69686C0_1.j

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

My little un is obsessed with michael jacksons 'thriller' since he learned the dance at a halloween party, he has watched the video hundreds of times and has it down to a tee

Last weekend we went to madame tussauds in blackpool where they have a dummy of MJ, when we showed gethin and said "look, michael jackson",

he looked round the room and said "where?"

We Pointed him out and he still looked puzzled

"thats not michael jackson, he's the wrong colour"

"oh"

,"yes, michael jackson has a red top and pants on"

"Phew!"

CE4275BB-46FB-4CDD-813E-40FCD69686C0_1.j

Is that a dummy of a young Chris Evans on the left?

• Like 1

^^^

Strikes me as remarkably tidy for a steam shed in the 1960s.

If you have a Flickr account call up 'Patricroft Steam shed', and see all those pics that blow the myth of heavily untidy shed yards (especially those taken 1966- 8 ) that many modellers believe in, yes Nine Elms was an exception to the rule.

Edited by bike2steam

Reminds me of:

'Are you going to tell me,' said Arthur, 'that I shouldn't have a green salad?'

'Well,' said the animal, 'I know many vegetables that are very clear on that point. Which is why it was eventually decided to cut through the whole tangled problem and breed an animal that actually wanted to be eaten and was capable of saying so clearly and distinctly. And here I am.'

It managed a very slight bow.

Of course Douglas Adams was never presented with the problem of the carbon footprint cost of the Main Dish of the Day, but one expects that with time travel, terra-forming and a whole universe to choose from that problem could have been solved. Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Premium

Went to an Indian resturan last night and enjoyed a curry. Didn't have a coffee afterwards having seen the second one on the list!

post-19248-0-14473200-1449139632_thumb.jpeg

Then went to model railway club where it was the annual photographic competition. The room has a projector built in, the orgainser brought his laptop, but nobody had a cable to connect the two. Oops.

• Like 1