The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Two nations separated by a language.

Heard a few years ago on the Jonathon Ross show. (It was just on, it's not something I normally watch as I can't stand him)

Ross was interviewing an American actor and made some comment which the American didn't understand. After it was explained to him the actor comments " I don't know why you British [probably actually said English, but don't get me going on that one) say things the way you do. Ross's answer "Because its our (expletive removed) language".

Jeremy

Edited by JeremyC

A Star Wars spin-off film will tell a behind story of space raider Han Solo, Disney has announced.

The new film is to be destined by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, a group behind a hugely successful Lego movie.

The charismatic rapist incited Rebellion favourite earnings in Star Wars' subsequent instalment: The Force Awakens this Christmas.

Article source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33439026

(My emphasis)

Link now reads:

"A Star Wars spin-off film will tell the back story of space smuggler Han Solo, Disney has announced.

The new movie is to be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, the men behind the hugely successful Lego movie.

The charismatic criminal turned Rebellion hero returns in Star Wars' next instalment: The Force Awakens this Christmas."

The original copy is clearly crap, but, presuming your transcript to be accurate, it was poorly (if at all) edited before the BBC (re)published it. By the way, "a behind story" is certainly not the way an American would describe this.  "Back story" is the term used here.

If you want a truly American version of this story, try the Hollywood Reporter. CNN picked up the story too.

Actually hearing the combination of the LEGO Movie team and Star Wars made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFA7rvKMxo

The first episode (retelling "Phantom Menace" and "Clone Wars") includes a lot of parody references to the original.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sitting in the car waiting to pick my wife up at Bare Lane station tonight when the station tannoy bursts in life. Not the usual 'sorry the train is delayed' announcement, but one of the security announcements usually heard at big stations 'please keep you bags with you at all times as unattended luggage may be removed and destroyed'. Odd as the station was deserted and it's unstaffed too.

• RMweb Gold

"Due to today's wet weather, surfaces may become slippery... blah, blah blah, echo-blah, something or other...".

Heard most days at Manchester's Piccadilly station.

Kev.

(This doesn't make me smile as it - along with the "security" announcements - now mean that nobody listens to any announcements.)

• RMweb Premium

"Due to today's wet weather, surfaces may become slippery... blah, blah blah, echo-blah, something or other...".

Or maybe it won't become slippery, somehow!

Presumably it is to ensure that the wheel is turned to the correct position (i.e. when the line is level) so that when the hub is filled up to the level of the filler plug the correct amount of oil has been added - any other position the plug would be too high or too low resulting in an incorrect level.

OUCH!

Full Time FC Gulpen 0 - 26 Roda JC Kerkrade 
half-time:(0 - 16)
match details : 
3' 0 - 1 Marc Hoecher
4' 0 - 2 Anco Jansen
7' 0 - 3 Anco Jansen
9' 0 - 4 Mitchell Paulissen
11' 0 - 5 Anco Jansen
12'. 0 - 6 Mitchell Paulissen
14' 0 - 7 Anco Jansen
16' 0 - 8 Anco Jansen
28' 0 - 9 Mitchell Paulissen
30' 0 - 10 Tom van Hyfte
35' 0 - 11 Mitchell Paulissen
36' 0 - 12 Tom van Hyfte
39' 0 - 13 Anco Jansen
42' 0 - 14 Tom van Hyfte
43' 0 - 15 Anco Jansen
45' 0 - 16 Arjan Swinkels
48' 0 - 17 Mitchell Paulissen
55' 0 - 18 Henk Dijkhuizen
58' 0 - 19 Mitchell Paulissen
64' 0 - 20 Anco Jansen
65' 0 - 21 Daryl Werker
68' 0 - 22 Noor
69' 0 - 23 Martijn Monteyne
71' 0 - 24 Edwin Gyasi
85' 0 - 25 Nathan Rutjes
88' 0 - 26 (o.g.) 

Pity the FC Gulpen fans this evening. What a mauling they took in this pre-season friendly played today.

Looks like they enjoyed a decent spell at least between the 16th and 28th minute. 

Love the fact that the 26th goal conceded was actually an own goal. 

Can you believe that the ref played about 3 mins of time added on at the end of the game, why didn't he just blow the whistle when it got to 90 mins?

Did the home fans sing "We're going to win 27 - 26" in the dying minutes of the game?

Priceless. 
  • rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  

• RMweb Gold

Deleted with apologies to the original poster.

No need for apologies.

After all,time travel is confusing!

Kev.

Posted - (pre-dated) 27/08/15ish

Deleted with apologies to the original poster.

No need to apologise, just go to next Thursday's meeting 4 weeks ago, and then you would have been the first to post, so then somebody else would have copied you! Simple!