The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I recently read this on a can of air freshener and it struck me as a bit daft:

post-6714-0-27554800-1432117684.jpg

post-6714-0-65546600-1432117684.jpg

If the area being freshened is well ventilated, not only is it arguably 'freshened' already, any of the actual air freshener sprayed into the area will be taken away by the 'well ventilated' conditions!

:banghead:

• RMweb Premium

I recently read this on a can of air freshener and it struck me as a bit daft:

attachicon.gifP1030979.JPG

attachicon.gifP1030980.JPG

If the area being freshened is well ventilated, not only is it arguably 'freshened' already, any of the actual air freshener sprayed into the area will be taken away by the 'well ventilated' conditions!

:banghead:

Do they sell ash trays for motor bikes, too?

Guest CLARENCE

This little lad makes me smile several times a day! FYI he's a Papillon (Butterfly Dog) called Mickey. More hair than any dog his size should be allowed!

post-283-0-76506300-1432140437_thumb.jpg

David.

Edited by CLARENCE

• RMweb Gold

my 10 year old has just told me over the phone that he was asked to 'compare' the school talent contest this evening, he couldnt stop laughing while telling me what he did....

while one of the acts was setting up he had to 'fill' and had to decided to tell a few jokes, thought them up off the top of his head as he didn't have a script, apparently the joke that got the biggest laugh from the parents

'why do squirrels swim on their backs?'

'to keep their nuts dry'

he then proceeded to tell me he was about to tell the '2 nuns in a bath' joke but couldnt remember it, thank god!!

thats my boy!!

• Like 2

The shakeless washroom is here.

After washing my hands in the Gentlemens Facilities at the airport in Mauritius I approached the Dyson Airblade type hand dryer affixed to the wall. Just as I was about to insert my hands I noticed the label on top.....

Not a hand dryer at all, apparently another sort of dryer altogether......

post-6861-0-20466300-1432245178_thumb.jpg

I can confirm it does work very well though I think they need to drop the temperature a few degrees....

Never did find the hand driers.

• Like 1

Almost straight out of a script from The Big Bang Theory.

In "The Hamburger Postulate" Sheldon says the Cheesecake Factory Barbecue Burger surpasses the Big Boy because of it's "much more satisfying meat to bun to condiment ratio"

Edited by Ozexpatriate

Waterloo station in London:-

EVERY station announcement of incoming trains, which is made up from pre-recorded announcements, states that "this train terminates here". I do hope so!

However this morning, another (automated) announcement really had me worried. A quite long announcement, I can't remember the full wording, but along the lines of "Parents and guardians of children are reminded that station platforms can be dangerous can be dangerous places. (My italics) Trains can pass through the platforms at high speed.

Last time I walk through that concourse!

Stewart

Edited by stewartingram
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Waterloo station in London:-

EVERY station announcement of incomining trains, which is made up from pre-recorded announcements, states that "this train terminates here". I do hope so!

However this morning, another (automated) announcement really had me worried. A quite long announcement, I can't remember the full wording, but along the lines of "Parents and guardians of children are reminded that station platforms can be dangerous can be dangerous places. (My italics) Trains can pass through the platforms at high speed.

Last time I walk through that concourse!

Stewart

Glad I don't work there any more - my office was directly overlooking the concourse!

• Like 1