The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

call me childish but this really made me smile yesterday....

a couple of months back i was sat at a set of traffic lights in the outside 'overtaking' lane to pass a lorry with the wife and kids in the car, the lights changed and i pulled away, i looked in my mirror and saw a white range rover came hurtling up behind me which promptly overtook me on the wrong side of the keep left island then about 200 yards later slammed on and turned right into the path of on coming traffic into a private road leading to railway property

now i visit that property quite regular so called the site supervisor on my mobile to enquire whether anyone there had a white range rover with a private plate and discovered there was in fact a manager there with one and my description matched his car, the supervisor told me he would lodge an official complaint and report etc which i didnt hold out much hope of happening to be honest but at least i know the guy works there now

i looked at the time on my watch at the time and sumised that the guy was trying to get to the crossing guard operated crossing before a certain time to avoid having to wait for a couple of trains that pass

so roll on to thursday, im on the sinfin tanks following a couple of trains into crewe and as i approach the crossing who do i see sat at the front of a long line of cars waiting for the crossing to reopen but the white range rover, i worked out that the gates would have been shut around 16:55 to allow the first train out of crewe towards stoke, they will have remained shut to allow the 2nd service to go, then to allow the inbound service, a coal train and then mine, by which time it was now coming upto 17:20, so shut for a good 25 mins, i gave the guy in the range rover a wave then drew up to the signal, stopped a little bit short though and according to my distance meter my back wagon was just sat on the crossing preventing the gate being opened, thing is it was quite busy in crewe that time of evening so i sat there for a good 10 minutes more before i could clear the crossing at 17:40

what goes around comes around!!

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

To be honest even if i did pull right up the crossing guard cant open the gates anyway (i did have an extra wagon on the train that day), i do clear the crossing but the signaller doesnt like the attendant to open the gates while im in section in case i roll back

The thing with the location is their knocking off time corresponds with the busiest 15 mins of the hour, if they staggered start and finish times to say half past the hour they wouldn't be effected by trains

• RMweb Gold

To be honest even if i did pull right up the crossing guard cant open the gates anyway (i did have an extra wagon on the train that day)

I'll let you off then. ;)

Enjoy your revenge.