The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

If they did that it may well flood in the hollow every time it rains.

I think that prototype was at Silver Street station on the Liverpool Street to Enfield line. The road under the rail bridge there used to be flooded at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Ron Chester was stopped by the police around 2 a.m. and was asked where he was going at that time of night.

Ron replied, "I'm on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."

post-6688-0-35160700-1396458286.gif

The officer asked, "Really? Who's giving that lecture at this time of night?"

Ron replied, "That would be my wife."

• RMweb Gold

i put this in my status update a few days ago but here is my 9 year olds school homework, he had to do a space training video but we got a bit sidetracked with slapstick, fart and sick gags!

we made it using an iphone lego stop animation app, edited it together with splice and i put together the soundbite "script" into scenes using audacity on the pc

he got a homework award for it!

• Like 3

i put this in my status update a few days ago but here is my 9 year olds school homework, he had to do a space training video but we got a bit sidetracked with slapstick, fart and sick gags!

we made it using an iphone lego stop animation app, edited it together with splice and i put together the soundbite "script" into scenes using audacity on the pc

he got a homework award for it!

your lads got some great talent there Jim and cheers for posting as epic funny and finished the day off with an amazing laff.

A bit of that I suppose, but I think more college required, and to block one ear so the education does not go straight through.

One ear usually is blocked............by an iPhone!

Trust me guys - this'll work !!

Ah, this reminds me of a story I heard last year......

Several years ago, one of our locomotives needed a top-up after having done a lot of work at the Maitland Steamfest. The crew rolled out the hose across the yard and duly proceeded to top up the water....when along came a freight train. End result: Hose in sections, with a nice 4' 8 1/2" section easily produced.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Trust me guys - this'll work !!

So where is it & is it photoshopped?

Edited to add.

Is it in Belgium? The distinctive post & light array around the railway crossing sign, looks identical to the one on the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_crossing

Edited by kevinlms

So where is it & is it photoshopped?

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately I'm not sure where the photo was taken or indeed if it's been "shopped" - it did strike me that it was definitely a set up though! An ex colleague sent it to me after he came across it on facebook - cos he knew it would tickle. My first thought was perhaps Germany, but that was based on the fire appliance rather than the railway infrastructure.

Murray

I think I read somewhere a theory that the fire engine over the lines was in Belgium, but they knew the line was closed for the week*. There weren't any more details and I can't find where I read it now.

Trouble is the photo's been reposted so many times now, so searching for the photo doesn't help track down the original source.

* in which case why bother with the ramps?

Edited by eastwestdivide