Bachmann Class 20 cv setting adjusting for better shunting control

michaeld

Seasons greetings :D

I dont know if this has been asked before but can anyone offer some advice on adjusting the cv settings on the Bachmann class 20.

Ive had it reblown with the Howes sounds and I do think it was worth it, the next question is to do with the cv settings?

I'm looking for more slow shunting control?

Also is it the same cv for adjusting the volume control as the original Bachmann??

Many thanks in advance Michael

Seasons greetings :D

I dont know if this has been asked before but can anyone offer some advice on adjusting the cv settings on the Bachmann class 20.

Ive had it reblown with the Howes sounds and I do think it was worth it, the next question is to do with the cv settings?

I'm looking for more slow shunting control?

Also is it the same cv for adjusting the volume control as the original Bachmann??

Many thanks in advance Michael

Yup! Volume on cv63 as per regular Bachmann.

Off the top of my head, doesn't Howes have shunting control enabled/disabled on F10?

Else...

Shorten the values in cvs 3 and 4 - acceleration and deceleration momentum - to make the throttle more responsive to inputs, you'll still need to wait for the brake let-off 'spit' before the loco will move off though.

-Rob

Volume - there are a set of CVs for volume, in the ESU manual. CV63 is only one of them, there are others for things like horns.

An alternative (and recommended) method is to map the "mute" function to a function key, then you get four different volume levels by turning mute on/off quickly. See ESU function mapping towards back of ESU manual, you'll need to set two CV's, one for each direction of travel.

Shunting speeds, depends if you want less intertia (as Rob indicated above) or different throttle speed responses. For different throttle speed (eg. slower at half throttle), then adjusting the min/max/mid (CV2/5/6) may help, or setup a 28 step speed table.

Fiddling with the brake squeal cut-off may also help.

JMRI works nicely for CV setting in ESU LokSounds if you have a computer interface to your DCC system.

- Nigel

Afternoon

re. the mute control on Loksounds, I did it to mine thus;

F13 set CVs 220/223 to 64 or

F14 set CVs 226/229 to 64 or

F15 set CVs 232/235 to 64.

By setting the selected function to Trigger, using Dynamis, the volume rises one step at each press, returning to level one at the fifth press. Be aware, though, that this function over-rides the value that has been set to CV 63. This is relevant to those modellers, myself included, who've used muliple speakers wired parallel, because as far as I'm aware, level 4 using the mute function is FULL Volume,i.e. 64 and could damage the amp.

Steve

Archived