Haymarket 64B

landscapes

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi Tony

Sorry for the late reply having been on grandchildren duties today and putting A shelf up for my Son at the same time he is not very good when it comes to DIY he is more DCDII ( Dad can do it instead )

Thank you for your comments and reply, I agree that the Deltic’s along with the Class 44 peaks class D1toD10 are my joint favourite diesels of all time and unlike the LNER Pacific’s I did manage to see all members of both Diesel classes.

Regarding the carriage I must admit I have very little knowledge on railway cartridges only what I have learnt from threads like your own and Gilbert’s Peterborough North.

I do like the look of the Gresley design cartridges and some time ago I purchased two at a very cheap price on EBay but no details on who made them but I do believe they were both kit built both with plastic bodies.

The one behind the Deltic at 4mm scale measures approx 52 feet in length and the other carriage I purchased measures approximately 62 feet.

I did fit brass wire handrails to both carriages and some very crude door handles again using brass wire but I am looking for some better quality D type handles if they are the correct type to use?

Regards

David

Good evening David,

It is a GE-section shorty Gresley then. Very nice, too.

The grab rails I use (sort of 'D'-shaped) are from Southern Pride in etched brass. 

Regards,

Tony. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

A few weeks ago I posted a photo of my Bachmann Deltic D9003 Meld, Tony Wright comment on the carriage behind the diesel asking could I provide some information about it.

As I have already stated my knowledge on Carriages is very limited, I purchased two Gresley Brake carriages from the same seller on Ebay quite a few years ago.

I enclose a photo of the two together and wonder if anyone can provide any information on them.

They may possible be kit built and both have plastic bodies one scales at approx 62'-0" the other is approx 52'-0" and thats all I know, any information would be welcome.

I have also been photographing some more models on the layout, first one is A4 60028 Walter K Whigham the first A4 I ever saw back in 1962.

Regards

David 

IMG_1233.jpg

60028_IMG_1553B.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Hi

A few weeks ago I posted a photo of my Bachmann Deltic D9003 Meld, Tony Wright comment on the carriage behind the diesel asking could I provide some information about it.

As I have already stated my knowledge on Carriages is very limited, I purchased two Gresley Brake carriages from the same seller on Ebay quite a few years ago.

I enclose a photo of the two together and wonder if anyone can provide any information on them.

They may possible be kit built and both have plastic bodies one scales at approx 62'-0" the other is approx 52'-0" and thats all I know, any information would be welcome.

I have also been photographing some more models on the layout, first one is A4 60028 Walter K Whigham the first A4 I ever saw back in 1962.

Regards

David 

IMG_1233.jpg

60028_IMG_1553B.jpg

Those look like they were built from Kirk kits to me David.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, great northern said:

Those look like they were built from Kirk kits to me David.

Hi Gilbert

Thank you, coincidently I have just been looking on Ian Kirks website and some of the kits look very similar to the two carriages I purchased, I cannot remember exactly how much I paid for them but I believe they were very reasonably priced.

Regards

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Last weekend I collected my first three locomotives to be fitted with DCC Digital Decoders.

I chose three Thompson Pacific's to start with as these were not straight forward installations.

A2/1 60510 in a PDK kit build loco and A2/3's 60511 & 60521are both Bachmann/G King conversions, at the same time each locomotive was given a clean and health check. 

Photo below.

Regards

David

60510_IMG_1904B.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, landscapes said:

Wishing all RMWeb members a Merry Christmas and a very Happy & Healthy 2023.

Hi David,

Many thanks for the greetings and the same to you and yours. Thanks too for all the fine images posted - Haymarket is just great.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Some new photos showing a few locomotives which I recently have carried out some very minor alterations to.

Bachmann V1 Class No 67610 a model I renumbered, this model had a large unsightly gap over the front bogie wheels which I have filled in using some thin plasticard and then weathered I think it's an improvement.

Hornby A4 60012 which I applied additional weathering to, and as already stated A2/1 60510 which has just had a digital decoder fitted

Regards

David

67610_IMG_1786B_edited-1.jpg.c1b1261d9c36d3e4479a5a2c91c3bb1c.jpg

67610_IMG_1804B_edited-1.jpg.50c6bfabd85c094e14292ec7eba303b2.jpg

60012_IMG_1832B_edited-1.jpg.ebc42586041ce5123eb073336416a321.jpg

60510_IMG_1879B_edited-1.jpg.849a8fcedcb6f22cff0ebdb3705c6ef8.jpg

• Like 19

3 hours ago, 30368 said:

Hi David,

Many thanks for the greetings and the same to you and yours. Thanks too for all the fine images posted - Haymarket is just great.

Kind regards,

Richard B

Hi Richard

Thank you, looking forward to seeing more photos from your Basingstoke Layout as well.

Regards

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some new photos showing a few locomotives which I recently have carried out some very minor alterations to.

Bachmann V1 Class No 67610 a model I renumbered, this model had a large unsightly gap over the front bogie wheels which I have filled in using some thin plasticard and then weathered I think it's an improvement.

Hornby A4 60012 which I applied additional weathering to, and as already stated A2/1 60510 which has just had a digital decoder fitted

Regards

David

67610_IMG_1786B_edited-1.jpg.c1b1261d9c36d3e4479a5a2c91c3bb1c.jpg

67610_IMG_1804B_edited-1.jpg.50c6bfabd85c094e14292ec7eba303b2.jpg

60012_IMG_1832B_edited-1.jpg.ebc42586041ce5123eb073336416a321.jpg

60510_IMG_1879B_edited-1.jpg.849a8fcedcb6f22cff0ebdb3705c6ef8.jpg

Beautifully-natural!

Some lovely imagery.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Beautifully-natural!

Some lovely imagery.

Regards,

Tony. 

Thank you Tony

I take that as very high praise indeed.

It’s layouts like your own Little Bytham and Eric and Gilbert’s layouts Longdrem & Pinkhill and Peterborough North that has given me the inspiration to start and continue with Haymarket’s progress.

Also I must add without the continuous help I have received from Gareth at Replica Railways I believe I would have given up long ago.

Regards

David

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Latest pictures?

Some of the most-realistic I've seen!

A Happy New Year.

Tony. 

Thank you Tony

Thats very kind of you.

And a very Happy & Healthy 2023 to You and Your family as well.

Regards

David

• Thanks 1

Hi

A close up of A4 60028 Walter K Whigham, this is a special A4 to me as it was the very first member of the class I saw back in 1962.

I was very fortunate to see it as it was withdrawn for scrapping at Doncaster two months after I saw it and was the only sight for me.

This is a Hornby RTR A4 which I detailed and carried out an identity change to Haymarket's 60004 William Whitelaw then realised it had the wrong tender for 60004 so changed it again to 60028 which was a regular on the Elizabethan and a visitor to 64B.

This view shows 60028 backing past the shed to the Coal Tower and Ash Pits

Regards

David

60028_IMG_2096B.jpg

• Like 16