Haymarket 64B

landscapes

Hi

Another passing photograph today with Thompson A2/3 No 60511 Airborne passing the MPD going south on a Fish Train about to pass a Class D11/2 on a local train.

Regards

David

60511_IMG_9758B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
Additional text
  • Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, landscapes said:

Hi

Another passing photograph today with Thompson A2/3 No 60511 Airborne passing the MPD going south on a Fish Train about to pass a Class D11/2 on a local train.

Regards

David

60511_IMG_9758B.jpg

Excellent photo but the local does seem a bit close to the train it is following!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, prtrainman said:

Excellent photo but the local does seem a bit close to the train it is following!

Hi

Thank you for your comment, yes I completely missed that one.

The coach in the background was placed there for photographic purposes only as There is no break at the end of the layout.

Well spotted.

Regards

David

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A few photos today showing locomotives passing Haymarket MPD and an A3 about to run down to Waverley Station  coupled to an A2.

I have it on good authority that the photo of the A2/2 working a Fish train would not have happened as most fish freights were hauled by A1's A3's and V2's but I had already produced the photo so this is a bit of artistic license.

Regards

David

60031_IMG_9775B.jpg

• Like 12

Keeping with passing locomotive photos at Haymarket, we see two photos of Class A2/1

No 60510 Robert The Bruce passing Clan Class No 72005 Clan Macgregor waiting to leave the MPD.

Regards

DaVID

60510_IMG_9882B_edited-1.jpg

72005_IMG_9900B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
Locomotive Class mistake
  • Like 14

10 minutes ago, landscapes said:

Keeping with passing locomotive photos at Haymarket, we see two photos of Class A2/3

No 60510 Robert The Bruce passing Clan Class No 72005 Clan Macgregor waiting to leave the MPD.

Regards

DaVID

60510_IMG_9882B_edited-1.jpg

72005_IMG_9900B.jpg

Isn't Robert the Bruce an A2/1…?

• Thanks 1

Every MPD has Steel Wheelbarrows so I purchased some of Ebay from a company called 3Dprintingcorner.

4 barrows in packs of two total cost £7.40 with free postage.

I know nothing about 3D Printing but these are made of resin and with some weathering spray paints and powders they look quite impressive to me.

Photo enclosed.

Regards

David

60011_IMG_0061B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
Spelling
  • Like 18

Hi

Just in case there are members who did not see the sad news yesterday in Tony's Wright Writes thread.

Fellow member Robbie "RobMcG sadly passed away yesterday.

He regularly posted the amazing photos he use to produce using model locomotives and photoshopped backgrounds on this and other thread on RMWeb.

Unfortunately due to the technical issues the whole of RMWeb suffered some time ago many of Robbies photos he posted are now unavailable.

Andy and his team did a remarkable job in recovering so much of the information that was lost and maybe one day some of Robbies images may also be recovered.  

RIP Robbie.

David

Edited by landscapes
Additional Text
  • Friendly/supportive 3

A couple more photos of A2/1 60510 Robert The Bruce and Clan Class 72005 Clan Macgregor.

With some additional yard lights now installed together with some of the turntable signage.

Regards

David

60510_IMG_0114B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
Additional info
  • Like 14

With so many photos lost at the present time I am not sure if I ever posted this photo showing some close up detailing of the main shed building interior with inspection pits and and its LED lighting system, before the track-work was laid

Regards

David 

Shed View_IMG_2684.jpg

Edited by landscapes
  • Like 14

We see B1 Class No 61025 Pallah waiting to leave Haymarket MPD and return South to it's home depot of 52D Tweedmouth.

According to a BR Database I have this locomotive was actually based at Haymarket for one week only in 1948 29/08/1948 until 04/09/1948.

This is one of Hornby's B1 locomotives I have renamed and numbered plus weathering and additional detailing.

Just a note looking at prototype photos it appears the brass etched nameplate I have fitted is to small in length, unfortunately I cannot remember where I purchased it from.

Regards

David

61025_IMG_0197B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
spelling
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Today's photo we see Gateshead based A2/3 60521 Watling Street along with resident A4 60031 Golden Plover.

The A2/3 is a G King/Bachmann conversion and the A4 is a Hornby RTR model.

Whats not to like about Thompson's Pacific's

Regards

David

60521_IMG_0249B.jpg

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, landscapes said:

Whats not to like about Thompson's Pacific's

Yes I agree powerful looking brutes,

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS We must be careful not to start the Gresley V Thomson debate again.....

Edited by 30368
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 30368 said:

Yes I agree powerful looking brutes,

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS We must be careful not to start the Gresley V Thomson debate again.....

Hi Richard

Totally agree with you, I only managed to see three Thompson Pacific’s in my trainspotting days.

60500, 60513 & 60523 wish I had seen more of them but lucky I suppose to have seen the three I did.

Gresley, Thompson and Peppercorn all brilliant locomotives.

Regards

David

• Agree 1

A  birds eye view looking across the East Yard at Haymarket.

In the foreground on the turntable is A2/3 60519 Honeyway one of Hornby's new models, comparing it's livery with other older models I quite pleased with the final finish.

Also on show just visible is one of the turntables signs and a few of the new LED fitted yard lamps.

I have for the time being fitted a back scene made from foam boards spray painted to give a grey cloud effect until I finally decide what to have permanently.

Model locomotives on show all Hornby RTR plus a GKing/Bachmann conversion.

Regards

David

60519_IMG_0335B.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
On 08/08/2022 at 17:10, landscapes said:

Gresley, Thompson and Peppercorn all brilliant locomotives.

Yes David, agree. I think Gresley's designs were powerful but graceful looking locomotives and his two successors followed his example (what we might now call a design language) to a great extent but each subsequent pacific design had its own character witihin Gresley's framework.

I think it is interesting that Thompson's design development of the A1/1 class included Gresley A4 style streamlining recognising the contribution that this made to efficiency. "Thompson the Iconoclast" as he often seems to be portrayed, is a bit unfair.

Haymarket looks as wonderful as ever.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

Todays photo see A1 60161 North British one of Haymarket's own A1 class.

This was the very first model locomotive I purchased some fourteen years ago long before I got involved with model railways, it just stood on a shelf for many years in its original identity of Bachmann Class A1 No 60158 Aberdonian. 

This is the only member of the A1 class locomotives I have so I decided to renumber and rename it when I started to build my Haymarket layout.

Regards

David

60161_IMG_0372B.jpg

• Like 13