Severn Valley Railway

steve fay

On 09/08/2024 at 21:17, Blandford1969 said:

Bahamas is due fairly soon as its out on a Driving School at the end of the month. The class 23 would certainly be the most interesting to have a drive of 

What Class 23? Are we thinking Baby Deltic 23 or have we got wires crossed somewhat? 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matt37268 said:

What Class 23? Are we thinking Baby Deltic 23 or have we got wires crossed somewhat? 

Something much more exciting…

LYR class 23…

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/752-lyr-752-lms-11456/

I’m thinking of visiting just for this..

LYRs place in history serves to prove there was major railway companies that didnt need a London termini to exist.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On 12/08/2024 at 17:38, adb968008 said:

LYR class 23…

LYRs place in history serves to prove there was major railway companies that didnt need a London termini to exist.

Indeed, from a description given it is not like anything like we drive and fire and would be fascinating to got on. Let alone that I am slowly part scratchbuilding a body to go on London Road Models chassis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

No its not, The railway takes saftey seriously. One of the challenges is that some (and to be clear not in this case) po pooing saftey to some degree. Every heritage railway of whatever size is now more under the microscope and the SVR is very aware about this. More systems have been put in place since, however the challenge continues to be with a small miniority. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/08/2024 at 17:38, adb968008 said:

LYR class 23…

Agree, I don't normally do steam galas, but I'm going mainly because of this and Horwich-built 44932. My father served his time in the works and would have been there when 44932 was built, so may possibly have worked on it.

There are too few L&Y engines preserved. 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2024 at 20:39, Blandford1969 said:

No its not, The railway takes saftey seriously. One of the challenges is that some (and to be clear not in this case) po pooing saftey to some degree. Every heritage railway of whatever size is now more under the microscope and the SVR is very aware about this. More systems have been put in place since, however the challenge continues to be with a small miniority. 

I have worked on the health and safety side for firms working for NR and LUL. I know in the heritage sector there are those who have the "elf n safety gorn mad" view of the world. If you think health and safety is irksome, have an accident and then you will see what irksome looks like.

Simon 

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, slilley said:

I have worked on the health and safety side for firms working for NR and LUL. I know in the heritage sector there are those who have the "elf n safety gorn mad" view of the world. If you think health and safety is irksome, have an accident and then you will see what irksome looks like.

Simon 

Absolutley, I wonder if the challenge is that the heritage sector has people who maybe only attend a few times a year in some cases and who are stuck in the 1980s. You could say time will improve it but the ORR approach is crystal clear fail to put things in order and they will just stop operations, no ifs no buts. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3