Bachmann's newly tooled hirail trucks and 1960s piggyback flat both look quite good.

Lots of duplication going on - Exactrail's bulkhead flat looks lovely, but I think duplicates the Trainman one (which might be a 'train set' model but one I was pretty happy with) - and Tangent tooling a 4750 and going head-to-head with Intermountain is fascinating!

Bachmann's newly tooled hirail trucks and 1960s piggyback flat both look quite good.

Lots of duplication going on - Exactrail's bulkhead flat looks lovely, but I think duplicates the Trainman one (which might be a 'train set' model but one I was pretty happy with) - and Tangent tooling a 4750 and going head-to-head with Intermountain is fascinating!

Re: the IMRC PS4750, the chat on the Modern Freight Car List primarily says that for prototype fidelity for the myriad of variations on this car the Tangent car knocks the IMRC for six. From a detail point of view that's not surprising given that the IMRC car in pretty long I the tooth but it was v good in it's day. However one thing that Tangent will def not do is scattergun application of any paint scheme they fancy regardless of the type of hopper the prototype was (which Intermountain did regularly). However I suspect that a lot of modellers will be satisfied to stick with what they have

Me, I'll prob look to move on some of the marginal interest and unmade kit IM cars i have and look to replace them with western road Tangent cars as they become available.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived