Dear Pete,

Β 

Check the sidebar at right...

Β 

"...

• Available in 0.110Ò€ and 0.088Ò€ tread widths

..."

Β 

The wheel profile is nice, but these don't look like they'll be "P87" wheels...

Β 

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

I know we are but a small part of the customer base, but Made in the USA does nothing for me.

Β 

I suspect it was mentioned because it was surprising they aren't "Made in China" like Hornby and Bachmann (and nearly everything else nowdays). One advantage might be that they will proably be continuously available. Even if they aren't all NMRA compliant. :O

Β 

Ted

I suspect the reeason why "Made in USA" is mentioned is because of the HUGE number of complaints on websites, about Build quality and Quality control about stuff that has been shipped in from China when the US factories were closed down - a lot of firms have been getting very large numbers of returns sent back to them for repair/replacement, Lots of complaints too about short runs of stuff and small quantities being built in any batch, leaving hobby shops/customers, being unable to obtain stock even when released, or as replacement items. There are a lot of unhappy customers out there, particularly with the way prices have been jacked up in the last few years

Well thanks for the shout out.

Β 

I've had a look and these are not Proto-87, but saying that they are an order of magnitude better than anything else I've seen, or bought, as the wheel shape at least approximates the prototype, rather than the accepted flat back wheels that are currently on the market.

Β 

However, axle lengths are going to be an issue, if you like me want your wheels to run parallel, and fit all the variant axle sizes that trucks come in. It's the one thing I find hard to understand that the NMRA never specified an axle length?

I suspect the reeason why "Made in USA" is mentioned is because of the HUGE number of complaints on websites, about Build quality and Quality control about stuff that has been shipped in from China when the US factories were closed down - a lot of firms have been getting very large numbers of returns sent back to them for repair/replacement, Lots of complaints too about short runs of stuff and small quantities being built in any batch, leaving hobby shops/customers, being unable to obtain stock even when released, or as replacement items. There are a lot of unhappy customers out there, particularly with the way prices have been jacked up in the last few years

Β 

It is absolutely absurd that one scrabbles to get a new release loco, sight unseen, find out it is faulty or the wrong item and then not be able to get a replacement. I think you're actually better off ordering from a UK retailer because they usually are shipped stock. It is rare to find stocks of HO locos around me in stores - unless it is something no one wants....like Bachmann..... :drag:

Β 

Best, Pete.

Well thanks for the shout out.

Β 

I've had a look and these are not Proto-87, but saying that they are an order of magnitude better than anything else I've seen, or bought, as the wheel shape at least approximates the prototype, rather than the accepted flat back wheels that are currently on the market.

Β 

However, axle lengths are going to be an issue, if you like me want your wheels to run parallel, and fit all the variant axle sizes that trucks come in. It's the one thing I find hard to understand that the NMRA never specified an axle length?

That's one advantage with the Reboxx wheels, they offer a variety of axle lengths. They may not be the best as far as appearance but they seem to me to improve the ride quality of trucks.

Archived