Grantham - the Streamliner years

LNER4479

• RMweb Premium

Graham, if I get Baz a cream bun do you think he would come over and do my electrickery?

Flummoxed of 36E

Duck

I don't eat cream buns but Chinese Duck Pancakes are really yummy!!!

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Phil,

Is it this new fangled Digital Elektrickery or the GOOD old fashioned Analogue Elektrickery that you are enjoying installing.

Regards,Derek.

This morning I wasn't sure, but now it is going to be good old DC (Auntilog) done the simple way (and with suitably positioned sections to accommodate typical loco movements in the Station area) as I am but a simple soul but I sort of understand now where I should be putting my bits!

Cheers

Phil

• Like 4

This morning I wasn't sure, but now it is going to be good old DC (Auntilog) done the simple way (and with suitably positioned sections to accommodate typical loco movements in the Station area) as I am but a simple soul but I sort of understand now where I should be putting my bits!

Cheers

Phil

All the Mallards around this area seem to know exactly where to put their bits judging by the number of ducklings bobbing along on the River Witham, come spring time. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Cheers

Phil

Phil ,

If you wire it up for DC use you can plug in a DCC controller and it should work. The dock railway on Herculaneum was wired for DC but is now operated using DCC. It does give a lot more flexibility and I think mike has taken some wires off.

Wiring is easy, knit one, pedal one......hat coat, more ballasting to do!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Phil ,

If you wire it up for DC use you can plug in a DCC controller and it should work. The dock railway on Herculaneum was wired for DC but is now operated using DCC. It does give a lot more flexibility and I think mike has taken some wires off.

Wiring is easy, knit one, pedal one......hat coat, more ballasting to do!

Baz

Baz, how exactly does one 'pedal' a wire. I'm familiar with strangling, cutting etc and understand the knit but there seems to be a pearl of wisdom missing somewhere.

Hat and coat.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

Pearl.... Kobo itis

Sorry to be a pedant, but it's purl, not pearl.............. I'll get my coat!!

Actually, I've done exactly the same; I've wired a load of boards but I've got no diagram. Cat's cradles have nothing on what's beneath the fiddle yard.

On the subject of the layout, I'm delighted to see the progress being made. It's looking great.

Best wishes

Terry D

Sorry to be a pedant, but it's purl, not pearl.............. I'll get my coat!!

Actually, I've done exactly the same; I've wired a load of boards but I've got no diagram. Cat's cradles have nothing on what's beneath the fiddle yard.

On the subject of the layout, I'm delighted to see the progress being made. It's looking great.

Best wishes

Terry D

Terry,

just hope you don't get many faults or it will be a nightmare. :declare:

Regards,Sparky.

• Like 1

Ere red leader, that's cheating! Working in the tropical heat of your work room!

Looking very good though.

Ballasting Baz

Now come on Barry when you were ballasting "red leader"  spoilt you with a Gas Heater and there is photograph to prove it.I thought you guys up North were TOUGH. :jester: