Good buy from Ebay

Unchuffed

Hornby B1 Sir Harold Mitchell Excellent boxed £99.50 { make an offer } £85.00 inc not a brilliant low price but not bad. Superb looking locomotive one of Hornby's best

Agreed. Though you should have been around a year or so ago when Hattons were letting 61138s go for 70 quid each.

Still casting about for Bachmann Mk.1s - two more arriving, averaging £13 each. Both boxed and appear almost new.

Does anyone know why the "SK"-type seems to be the one everyone's after?

In a full length train the SKs would have usually been the most numerous type of coach in the formation - I run a 9 coach mark 1 rake on my exhibition layout and 4 of the coaches are SKs

I've been holding off posting, just in case I've been scammed, but now the tracking data tells me the items are now, at least, in Australia, I'll take the chance.

I just bought a BR blue Farish Class 24 for 55 quid and the same firm's Class 46 for 60, with very modest postage cost. Both from the same source and both allegedly new. It remains to be seen whether they come with all their bits (detailing packs especially). Their source being Taiwan there is a possibility, I suppose, that they might be seconds which have made their way out of the back door of the factory. However, for ~20 quid each less than I've seen from the major box shifters, I decided to take the chance.

Edit: Well, they turned up a couple of weeks ago (I'm working away from home so didn't get to open the parcel straight away). They're boxed and complete with detailing bits and instruction sheets. I haven't run them yet but, on face value, they appear to have been a good buy.

Edited by PatB
  • Like 1

Hi

Got a brand new Bachmann Collett  coach for £3,75, plus P+P of £2.50 ,Bargain !

There where three other that where for sale and a bun fight broke out over them, this one had one did on it at £3.50, I was rather surprised that this was still going for £3.50 near the end of the bid time.

So the last 2 mins I put a bid in for £3.75 and won.

Edited by darren01
  • Like 4

Not railways, but...

Bought a Buy It Now Le Mans Miniatures Jaguar XJR14 Slot car for a total (Inc. postage) of £44.95, which is around half the RRP.

Nothing cheap but one thing I have been after for some time namely a Peco 0-16.5 Fletcher Jennings loco kit and along with it a Branchlines tram loco chassis, both not touched. £36 and £31.75 respectively, postage very dear at a combined rate of £12.15 , but a refund forth coming once it has been posted

As I said not cheap, but the complete kits are about £110 + postage. I have wanted a Fletcher Jennings for some time and they tend to go near MRRP on Ebay. I now have 3 Trams, one has a bodged up chassis (how I bought it) and is waiting conversion to an 0-6-0, a second has been started and undone, slight body damage but nothing a bit of solder or filler will sort out, but robbed of the motor and gears. I have another loco body un-built so the chassis will go with this. I will convert one hopefully to a new cab version and build and sell one as they seem very popular and worth building rather than selling as a kit. Come to think of it 2 pairs of Romfords and a Mashima and gearbox comes to more than I paid anyway

• RMweb Premium

Not model railways but I had been looking for a Lego 924 (a.k.a. LL924) space ship set from the early 1980's to complete my set of LL918, LL924 and LL928 (plus LL929, Benny's Spaceship from the movie!!)   They had been going (and indeed they still are) for extremely silly money.   However I found one listed under the US catalogue number 497 and it is now mine for just thirty notes.

Description is everything and thinking laterally when searching sometimes comes up trumps!!

Nothing cheap but one thing I have been after for some time namely a Peco 0-16.5 Fletcher Jennings loco kit and along with it a Branchlines tram loco chassis, both not touched. £36 and £31.75 respectively, postage very dear at a combined rate of £12.15 , but a refund forth coming once it has been posted

As I said not cheap, but the complete kits are about £110 + postage. I have wanted a Fletcher Jennings for some time and they tend to go near MRRP on Ebay. I now have 3 Trams, one has a bodged up chassis (how I bought it) and is waiting conversion to an 0-6-0, a second has been started and undone, slight body damage but nothing a bit of solder or filler will sort out, but robbed of the motor and gears. I have another loco body un-built so the chassis will go with this. I will convert one hopefully to a new cab version and build and sell one as they seem very popular and worth building rather than selling as a kit. Come to think of it 2 pairs of Romfords and a Mashima and gearbox comes to more than I paid anyway

Well my hopes were not dashed as I had a refund of nearly £8 as the seller charged the actual postage cost, so the price I paid for both was very reasonable. And they were waiting for me when I got home, both kits are in A1 condition. Very pleased with the Fletcher Jennings as I have wanted one for ages.

Another good but was an old Pitman motor, used but in good working order £7.49 inc postage Ideal for one of my Jamieson/Eames locos

And can I mention a cutting mat on a buy it now A3  £3.45 with free postage. They do an A2 one for 5.99