Good buy from Ebay

Unchuffed

Quite a few sets of P4 Ultrascales coming this way, and not taking eight months either....

There's some pretty interesting road-related model stuff coming out of Hong Kong - especially in the street furniture department. They're even producing working scale replicas of the Euro standard traffic lights used in Hong Kong, although they've only managed to get down to 1/64 with these, not 1/76 or 1/87

Agreed, most seem for the architectural market, in slightly different scales and in some cases in Chinese style, never the less look like they could be extremely usefull 

I ordered a diecast model lorry last week from Hong Kong. It was described as 1/76 scale but a couple of days later I received an e-mail from the vendor telling me that they had made an error and that it was in fact 1/80 scale. They did offer a full refund but I opted to accept and I am now awaiting delivery.

What was it out of curiosity? There's a few UK spec emergency and service vehicles on the market which originate in Hong Kong. Most are resin based but I've had one or two and they're way ahead of most of those intended for the UK.

• RMweb Premium

What was it out of curiosity? There's a few UK spec emergency and service vehicles on the market which originate in Hong Kong. Most are resin based but I've had one or two and they're way ahead of most of those intended for the UK.

A Hino Ranger 2 axle boxvan lorry. The vendor thoughtfully posed it alongside a ruler that shows it to be about 10 cms. long. FYI it is e-bay item number 252942953059. Although slightly underscale for 00 scale and not a common vehicle in the UK there are plenty of alternative cabs available. EDIT it appears from the packaging that it is a manufacturers promotional model so it should be to a high standard.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Gold

Sometimes you get lucky. I spotted a BIN item on ebay, but was debarred from bidding because it was UK only. It did not sell at that price, so the vendor dropped it by £50. It did not sell again, so today he knocked another £75 off the price - and opened it to overseas sales. Mine! And what have I bought? A set of 5 brass OO Bulleid coaches in Malachite, built by Derek Lawrence and painted by our own Coachmann. Including postage, £80 each. Bargain or wot?

• Like 9

Had a good week for wagons: these arrived today. Seller said all plastic bar one, but I had my doubts.

When they arrived, apart from the D & S Lowmac which he mentioned, the open middle left is a D & S Colwick open, the K's sand wagon was one I didn't have and the Lowmac and LNER open both have ABS brake gear fitted.

The Lowmac goes for that price alone. Good job he didn't put 'D & S' in the description.

• Like 2

Had a good week for wagons: these arrived today. Seller said all plastic bar one, but I had my doubts.

When they arrived, apart from the D & S Lowmac which he mentioned, the open middle left is a D & S Colwick open, the K's sand wagon was one I didn't have and the Lowmac and LNER open both have ABS brake gear fitted.

The Lowmac goes for that price alone. Good job he didn't put 'D & S' in the description.

I say those along with one or two other lots he was selling, well worth what you paid

Philistine..

Class 13s have never had any appeal here.

Meanwhile, a couple more P4'd Bachmann coaches with the Sergent buckeyes and an Ultrascale rewheel pack for the Heljan Hymek are on the way here....

Edited by Horsetan

A Bill Bedford etch pack for motorising a GWR diesel railcar appeared on eBay, so I had it. It seems to be long out of production, since Bill hasn't had it in his list for some years now, and it doesn't seem to have transferred over to Eileen's Emporium either. I want to see whether it can be adapted to fit the CPL body etch for the same railcar.

• RMweb Gold

A Bill Bedford etch pack for motorising a GWR diesel railcar appeared on eBay, so I had it. It seems to be long out of production, since Bill hasn't had it in his list for some years now, and it doesn't seem to have transferred over to Eileen's Emporium either. I want to see whether it can be adapted to fit the CPL body etch for the same railcar.

Does it come with instructions...........

• 2 weeks later...

Just won  a (modern) P4 3 point gauge plus a check rail gauge and a few other bits for £7.62 inc postage, each gauge costs more plus I have some other goodies with it (£4 was postage

Plus 3 packs of Gibson coupling rods, a fiver inc postage

Edited by hayfield

• RMweb Gold

I seem to have accidentally made an acceptable offer for an unbuilt Modern Outline kit for a Type 4 / Class 47. It's got P4 wheelsets too.

Never seen an unbuilt one before. Come to think of it, never seen a MOK 47 before!

You'll be good at building gliders when you attempt this, quite a bit of internal structure. The bogies mop up quite a bit of the motor power too, so don't expect Bachmannesque haulage capability.

Mike.

You'll be good at building gliders when you attempt this, quite a bit of internal structure. The bogies mop up quite a bit of the motor power too, so don't expect Bachmannesque haulage capability.....

I'm beginning to think of Penbits sprung 47 bogies already.

Well, I've paid for it now. It was £70, which seems fair given its apparent rarity. I must ask Dave Sharp at MOK if he can remember how many of these he managed to flog before production ceased. I think there was a kit for the Class 40 as well, but I have yet to see one of those too.....

Edited by Horsetan