Good buy from Ebay

Unchuffed

• RMweb Gold

couple of good buys this week

a Bachmann 150/1 in fnw livery for £40 (which will most likely become the network rail 950 unit with a ph designs conversion kit

Bachmann NRM ltd ed support coach for £30 buy it now (only £5 more than the original release in 2007) quite hard to get hold of now and at £30 it wasnt staying there even if it just ends up back on ebay at some point (i already have one!)

best bargain, non railway related, a set of 4 yokohama tyres for my suv, 7mm tread, almost as new for £175, they retail at £100 each but the bloke had taken them off his car and replaced them with winter tyres then subsequently sold the car, he was moving house, needed them gone so took my cheeky offer, bought them at 1am and collected them at 7am the same day from a villiage 15 miles north of skipton "en route" to work in carlisle (yes, i know!) the best part was the journey from him to carlisle which involved taking country roads right over the top of the yorkshire dales to hawes then back to garsdale, down ais gill, over the top of mallerstang past kirkby stephen and over to tebay, what a great road!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

a Bachmann 150/1 in fnw livery for £40 (which will most likely become the network rail 950 unit with a ph designs conversion kit

Bachmann NRM ltd ed support coach for £30 buy it now (only £5 more than the original release in 2007) quite hard to get hold of now and at £30 it wasnt staying there even if it just ends up back on ebay at some point (i already have one!)

best bargain, non railway related, a set of 4 yokohama tyres for my suv, 7mm tread, almost as new for £175, they retail at £100 each but the bloke had taken them off his car and replaced them with winter tyres then subsequently sold the car, he was moving house, needed them gone so took my cheeky offer, bought them at 1am and collected them at 7am the same day from a villiage 15 miles north of skipton "en route" to work in carlisle (yes, i know!) the best part was the journey from him to carlisle which involved taking country roads right over the top of the yorkshire dales to hawes then back to garsdale, down ais gill, over the top of mallerstang past kirkby stephen and over to tebay, what a great road!

How did I miss that?!!

• RMweb Gold

It was up for £50 BIN or best offer, I'd have give £50 anyway but thought I'd go in with a cheeky £40 and it was accepted

It was listed at 23:00 at night and accepted at 07:00 so unless you work nights and can access eBay it slipped under your radar!

• Like 1

...Bachmann NRM ltd ed support coach for £30 buy it now (only £5 more than the original release in 2007) quite hard to get hold of now and at £30 it wasnt staying there even if it just ends up back on ebay at some point (i already have one!)...

Obviously, it will be returning to eBay at a somewhat higher price  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Another nice bargain over the weekend, 3 lots from the same seller, a mixture of Hornby and Bachmann modern era 4 wheel wagons, MEA, MFA, coalfish etc, 12 of them for £65, definatly pleased with that

• Like 1

That sounds better than my commute up the A38! 

If only I could find a way to justifiably use the road again I would, ita not exactly in the way from anywhere to anywhere!

It takes you through Yorkshire, what better reason do you need :)

Almost forgot, £12.12 for a Hornby Van 'C' wasn't half bad?

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hornby Class 700 Black Motor for a shade under seventy notes.  As new and unused, just the small parts pack was from a different loco which I only discovered when trying to fit the brake rigging and wondering why nothing fitted!  A couple of quid thrown at Peters Spares sorted that out!

• Like 1

Dipped my toe back in the water with eBay this week, firstly with a Keyser 14xx built but without a motor all for £10 +postage. The thinking being is a need some quickie EM gauge stock. One method I have used is to fit 40 thou plastic to both sides of the chassis, fit a set of Romford wheels and I have a couple of spare D13 motors with SEF motor mounts. I do have a built Comet chassis which is too long for the K's loco and a Perseverance chassis so I will try extending a K's footplate by the 2 mm at sometime in the future with one of my other K's autotanks

The other was a Modern(Bedford or Lytchett) GEM Watford tank with an etched chassis for £37.70 plus postage, as the kits are now £64 + postage its only £5.70 more than an etched chassis and the quality of the whitemetal castings tend to be better than the older GEM ones. In to the loft this afternoon to find my old un-built kit which will now go on eBay

• Like 1

I bought off eBay a box described as train parts for £3.99 + £3.60 P&P, 4 photos but not very clear as to what was included due to items in packets and poor focus

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-TRAIN-PARTS-/131901905171?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=2kHhCxO70AaXEpbU3%252BPohU5fWjQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I could see a pack of Maygib hornblocks, a K's Mk2 motor as well as a Hornby X03 Romford drivers and lots of wagon and tender wheels and several packets. I have seen the K's motors go for more and the Maygib hornblock pack unopened and several Romford drivers as well as tender & bogie wheels, what seemed to be a cast whitemetal body weight and an etched cab

The hornblock pack is for 2 mm wheel axles, both motors work, 20 odd tender, wagon and bogie wheels along with about the same number without axles, ( 21 mm older style insulated drivers + 3 Mazac ones

An interesting detail pack with brass chimney, dome cylinders, sprung buffers, tank breathers, smaller dome and 3 brass discs (some form of detail pack) there was a separate whitemetal smokebox door casting which I have added to the group

The etched cab and what I thought was a loco body weight Turned out to be parts which when added to whitemetal and etched items in 2 other bags is a Langley Lyn kit. No instructions, missing a rear bunker wall (could be made from scrap brass) whilst there are many etched and whitemetal parts, some could be missing, but at £45 for a kit well worth my £8 investment

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice find on eBay a SR 700 class loco, not an etched brass kit, but made from brass sheet. Could be either scratch built or an Eames kit. Has a brass bar type chassis with extra detail (brakes and pipework. A broken X03 motor so I have a spare MRRC 5 pole to replace it. Brake standard broken (easy fix), coal is needed and would benefit from cab backhead and details. Would also be improved with the tender being coupled closer to the cab (I guess designed for train set curves)

Just under £37 inc postage, I was aware it was a non runner but the only issue is that the brush mount is broken and brushes are missing. There were 5 good photos , but only the bottom of the chassis, I guess had the motor been shown others may have been interested  

• Like 1

This should be in the other thread about winning items you never thought you would get  A Wills N class on a Triang/Hornby chassis, lots of photos looks to be well built, paint needs touching up in places, decals (numbers) need re-doing, 2 front steps broken off, good runner but chassis loose. Good (modern) box  £12.24 + £3.95 postage

I guess the 2 steps are broken so less than £1 from SEF, plus the additional revised cab interior parts I guess will be under a fiver, I guess I could sell the chassis on eBay for what I paid for the loco. £35 for a SEF chassis and I have wheels and a motor in the spares box (and a chassis which is destined for another N class). If the body is either badly painted or built then a quick soak in caustic soda will do the trick, which ever way a very cheap kit

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

What was described as an old type Hornby M7 (that was after all what the box it came in said, an R103 from the early 1980's) which I spotted straight away and it seems no one else did was in fact a SECR H Class, presumably a Finecast kit superbly built complete with chassis, all for a shade under fifty notes.

post-6910-0-94677900-1473426766_thumb.jpg

I was planning to repaint it in BR lined black but the model is so good that it is staying as it is.  The motor needed a little coaxing into life, I don't think it has run for many a year but it is remarkable.

• Like 10

What was described as an old type Hornby M7 (that was after all what the box it came in said, an R103 from the early 1980's) which I spotted straight away and it seems no one else did was in fact a SECR H Class, presumably a Finecast kit superbly built complete with chassis, all for a shade under fifty notes.

attachicon.gif20160909_140924.jpg

I was planning to repaint it in BR lined black but the model is so good that it is staying as it is.  The motor needed a little coaxing into life, I don't think it has run for many a year but it is remarkable.

John

Green with envy, I won a Southeastern Finecast (see earlier post) 02 which was described as a M7, complete with wheels and motor less a bit of brake rigging as it was put in a M7 box with the remains of the M7 fret. I bought a set of Mainlytrains etched brake rigging which will do the job plus a couple of cast parts which Dave Ellis was happy to supply.

Does it have the Southeastern Finecast etched chassis? or the earlier Wills either etched or cast chassis ?. I bought an unmade H quite some time ago which was missing half of the etched chassis, other things have got in the way with me starting the kit, if I remember I will order a chassis fret to pick up at Scaleforum