Good buy from Ebay

Unchuffed

Malcolm Mitchell/Churchward Models 45xx chassis kit for £21.

That means I won't need to harass David Geen for a 45xx chassis now!

You did well there I sold a couple a while ago and from memory both went for a bit more

Rather pleased with a Bachmann Intermodal pair with containers for £20.  Not sure if a Hornby Class 59 for a shade over £40 is a great bargain, but I am pleased with it, just looking forward to it arriving!

• Like 1

In my RR40 quest I came across recent spec 40152 unboxed, offered as part of a rather random bundle with a Hornby EWS 08 and a few loose containers.  The seller had honestly described the 08 as missing a sprung buffer.  I made a best offer about 10% under the BIN, which was accepted.  This would have made the gronk about a £30 punt if the 40 was the going rate.  Not a giveaway but perfectly in budget.

Anyway, parcel turns up beautifully packed, as advertised.  The 08 is boxed but the insert card showed a RR version - I needn't have worried.  The 08 complete with its loose buffer, all bagged-up, safe in original sturdy internal packaging.  First time I've been up close and personal with the Hornby model, and what a filigree beauty it is!  An easy fix, but what's more difficult will be actually parting with it!  It's not right for my project at all, but what incredible detail...

.....The 08 complete with its loose buffer, all bagged-up, safe in original sturdy internal packaging.  First time I've been up close and personal with the Hornby model, and what a filigree beauty it is!  An easy fix, but what's more difficult will be actually parting with it!  It's not right for my project at all, but what incredible detail...

Agreed. The new-gen 08 is a thing of beauty. I also have the EWS-liveried variant, which I managed to cobble together from eBay spares and rewheel to P4 for an overall outlay of £50. If you don't want yours.......

• Like 1

Part-built Finney Adams Radial, in EM, for £45. It will need stripping and rebuilding to P4, but it looks like the P4 spacers, etc. are still in the box.

I'll need to get rid of the EM wheelsets.

Yes I thought that could just about be 'savable'.The Aberdare with Portescap and Ultrascales for £165 last night was probably a better buy thopugh. Adams is probably worth it for the parts even if it is not capable of a re-work. All you need now is the 100 hours to do it.........

Tony

Cheers Tony

• Like 1

Today I won a De Glen Compound, bit of a strange one as its been part built but the footplates have broken, but new parts included, so it will be a bit of recovering the few bits that have been glued together to fit on to the replacement parts, never been painted and a dunk in boiling water should give me all the parts I require. Now I paid £67 + postage which is £1.05 more than a new kit, but I get an un-started etched chassis plus a built etched chassis with Romford wheels & gears and what I hope is a MRRC 5 pole motor. With the chassis at £25, wheels in the region of £20 plus motor and gears I am pleased I did not buy a new one earlier this year. At worst I have the parts at about half price, but may have a spare chassis

In the post (Hermes) today (this evening) a lot which is Exactoscale concrete fast track bases (I understand that the GWR used concrete sleepers at sometime, but with bullhead rail and 2 bolt chairs) which I plan for a small cameo piece. The description was a bit vague, not as much as I hoped for but more than expected 3 3/4 yards worth which would cost £17.50 for £5.80 + postage, so quite happy

Two more projects to add to the list, the latter probably will get done first

I won two Scale link 7 mm scale window etches for £7.90 + £1 Postage, well worth the bid and a Perseverance 3F jinty compensated chassis arrived today £17.75 inc postage but does have frame spacers for 00, EM & P4 gauges and hornblocks.

The De Glenn not arrived yet but another went for £10 more a couple of days ago and I might just have 2 chassis, lets wait and see 

• Like 2

It arrived as per photo, 

I won two Scale link 7 mm scale window etches for £7.90 + £1 Postage, well worth the bid and a Perseverance 3F jinty compensated chassis arrived today £17.75 inc postage but does have frame spacers for 00, EM & P4 gauges and hornblocks.

The De Glenn not arrived yet but another went for £10 more a couple of days ago and I might just have 2 chassis, lets wait and see 

all the bits there for the loco except for the rear wheel and its carrier (not in the photo) so either I could be lazy and buy one from SEF or make one out of plasticard.

As hoped the motor was a MRRC 5 pole, also was a second chassis etch, but a few small motion parts are required from it. Not checked the tender as all the small parts are still sealed. Just need the time to build it

Won a mixed lot of about 16 items for £19 inc postage. As one is an etched chassis thought I could not loose, strange as the chassis has a sticker 12 mm gauge wheels for 00n3. should be interesting

Edited by hayfield
  • Like 2

It arrived as per photo, 

all the bits there for the loco except for the rear wheel and its carrier (not in the photo) so either I could be lazy and buy one from SEF or make one out of plasticard.

As hoped the motor was a MRRC 5 pole, also was a second chassis etch, but a few small motion parts are required from it. Not checked the tender as all the small parts are still sealed. Just need the time to build it

Won a mixed lot of about 16 items for £19 inc postage. As one is an etched chassis thought I could not loose, strange as the chassis has a sticker 12 mm gauge wheels for 00n3. should be interesting

The mixed lot arrived today and I am very pleased.

The etched chassis is a Branchlines R/R1-  0/01, there is a bag of cast whitemetal items, along with brass items and some small etchings, no instructions but I guess they are all connected as a chassis and detail packThere are also a packet of Gibson Long (very useful,) hand rail knobs, pack of 8' x 8'6" coupling rods Finecast D11/D13 motor mount, MJT W irons, Dart Castings Coopercraft cast buffers, 3 pairs of Jackson tender wheels and 2 pairs of 14 mm wheels, a fret of B&B couplings and a pair of Romford flangeless 18 mm drivers.

Various bearings and nuts and bolts and 2 packs  of aged coach ventilators. 

Well the £19 would just about cover the chassis without postage, now the question id, do I want another project?  If I want a R1 would it be better to buy a SEF R1 rather than kit bash a Hornby Dublo Loco ?  With hand rail knobs and coupling rods both being just under £7 each

Very happy with my lot but do I need all of them ?

Yes, you either love or hate the Maplin 50 watt soldering station, but at this price........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370414838261?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought one more !  No, two will suffice !

Currently £24.99 on the Maplin site here - http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-50w-solder-station-n78ar

Sorry, me again !

This time it's a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance2 DCC 51 Wireless Conversion Set - brand new - for £165.00

(£200 on Binns Road, £259.95 at Ford Road)

So now I won't have to squeeze my fat frame lithe, slim form down that narrow corridor that is the 'garage'  :jester:

• Like 1

Sorry, me again !

This time it's a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance2 DCC 51 Wireless Conversion Set - brand new - for £165.00

(£200 on Binns Road, £259.95 at Ford Road)

So now I won't have to squeeze my fat frame lithe, slim form down that narrow corridor that is the 'garage'  :jester:

You'll be getting a reputation as 'Bargain Bob' :D