LNWR Non -Corridor Carriages

Jol Wilkinson

• RMweb Premium

This well-researched and definitive book combines Philip A. Millard's exceptional knowledge of L&NWR carriage stock with a magnificent set of 4mm scale drawings of well over 120 types of carriages. The specially prepared drawings Ian Tattersall are accompanied by numerous b&w photographs show examples of LNWR carriages in their original livery as well as in LMS colours.

The carriage types dealt with are non-corridor designs built at Wolverton from 1886 to 1923 (with the exception of the 30ft 1in six-wheel types which are dealt with in depth in a separate L&NWR Society Portfolio). Many of these carriages lasted well into LMS days, while some made it into BR ownership.

With kits available from from a number of suppliers in various scales, especially 4mm and 7mm, this book enables the modeller to create accurate and well detailed models of carriages from the Premier Line's Wolverton workshops.

The L&NWR Society is making this comprehensive book on LNWR Non-Coridor carriages available at a special offer price of £15.00, post free (normal cover price £29.95). With 136 case bound A4 pages printed on high quality gloss paper, this is produced to the usual high standard of the LNWR Society's publications.

LNWR Non-Corridor Carriages is available from;

The L&NWRS Distribution Officer

58 Reynard Way,

Northampton.

NN2 8QX

(Cheques and Postal Orders payable to - L&NWR Society)

I took a double take on this threads heading hoping a volume covering LNWR corridor stock had been published. I've had a copy of non-corridor coaches by Philip Millard and Ian Tattersall for some years as it came out in 2006. It has been my bible and in fact I produced three etched coaches from the books excellent drawings.

• RMweb Premium

I took a double take on this threads heading hoping a volume covering LNWR corridor stock had been published. I've had a copy of non-corridor coaches by Philip Millard and Ian Tattersall for some years as it came out in 2006. It has been my bible and in fact I produced three etched coaches from the books excellent drawings.

Coach,

I can match that, I've also designed three (well, four actually but two are variants of one Diagram). Although the LNWS Society's Non Corridor Carriages book was published in 2006, it hasn't ever been stongly promoted, so the Society decided to make it available at a reduce price for a period.

We have to fall back on the Jenkinson book for Corridor stock. Although heavily tilted towards the twelve wheelers and with some errors (or so I am told), it's probably saturated the market so well that nobody else will have a go at it. It's also available quite cheaply secondhand.

Jol

It's a quality hardback book and a unique work covering LNWR non-corridor stock......The ideal companion for anyone modelling lines that carried LNWR coaches from LNW days through LMS to BR. If there's an LNW non-corridor coach you saw in a photo, this book will give you the diagram, maybe a scale drawing too, and running numbers/scrapping dates. Profusely illustrated. Highly recommended.

post-6680-0-56916900-1337636992.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I note that the LNWR Society have a Webb [sic] site (http://www.lnwrs.org.uk/), with a Webb master - but no mention of this offer.

Eddie,

the Webb site webmaster is on holiday at present but the offer should be listed on his return.

So will the other new publications, including one of interest to modellers, LNWR Wagons Supplement No.1

This complements the WSP LNWR Wagons Vols. 1 and 2, with details of a number of more unusual wagons including trolleys and shunting wagons.

Both the NCC and Wagons book, together with several other titles will also be available at the London Road Models stand at Railex this coming weekend and also from the LNWRS stand at the Wigan show in June.

Jol

Archived