Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

BCB pop quiz 2: 

Who on the team does this wonderful item of head apparel belong to? 

attachicon.gifIMAG4960.jpg

Looks like there's something short and curly in there.

And yes, it was surgically removed!

BCB pop quiz 3:

What was going through Andy Y's mind whilst eating his beautifully presented tea?

attachicon.gifIMAG4958.jpg

It seems to have gone through my system in interesting ways, it was truly awful. 

BCB pop quiz 4:

Just who were Mr & Mrs The Black Country Blues?

attachicon.gifIMAG4962.jpg

It depends who got booked for the double room.

They'd run out of real beer and there was no way, repeat, no way I was going to drink that weasel p!$s lager...

Cooking lager?

(I believe that was the term Jason used)

Edited by 49395

Excellent layout, saw it at Stafford, nice to see a layout that captures the feel of the region it is based in with no trains in sight. Great backscene, excellent grotty canal (despite lack of bikes or other scrap metal, and no sad individual fishing in itl), slow trains were the rule on freight only lines in the West Midlands, only main line B'ham to Wolves saw anything quick under the wires.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Why is Old Gringo eating in every photo taken I've seen of him on BCB ?

And all those in Diesels in the Duchy, Treneglos and probably soon to appear in Once upon a time . . . .  etc.

It's all a bit like a bad fairy-tale! - but I'm sure it adds colour and flavour to all those pictures of dirty blue diesels, mucky spammy tins and fifty sheds of grey tractors!

Gotta dash for my mid-morning tea and sticky bun!

All the best,

Greedy Old Gringo

• RMweb Premium

And all those in Diesels in the Duchy, Treneglos and probably soon to appear in Once upon a time . . . .  etc.

It's all a bit like a bad fairy-tale! - but I'm sure it adds colour and flavour to all those pictures of dirty blue diesels, mucky spammy tins and fifty sheds of grey tractors!

Gotta dash for my mid-morning tea and sticky bun!

All the best,

Greedy Old Gringo

And pills; don't forget your pills.

• RMweb Premium

But......why did they leave the club.......?

P

If you're sniffing for dirt - there isn't any, after all we've just been to the Stafford show.

I think its fair to say we've drifted away - largely because a lot of us don't live near the club anymore - having moved away etc.

We do however retain a lot of very good freinds in the Stafford club and it was an absolute pleasure to attend the show a couple of weeks ago.

Does that make sense?

• RMweb Premium

If you're sniffing for dirt - there isn't any, after all we've just been to the Stafford show.

I think its fair to say we've drifted away - largely because a lot of us don't live near the club anymore - having moved away etc.

We do however retain a lot of very good freinds in the Stafford club and it was an absolute pleasure to attend the show a couple of weeks ago.

Does that make sense?

D, wires crossed. Folk are talking about this year's BRM layout challenge which involves taking on a partly finished n gauge project abandoned by a club when the members building it moved on.

I must confess that it upsets me a bit when the backscene gets so much attention when all the real work and time was the rest of the layout and its content; it was only meant to be a seamless suitable backdrop to the effort that had gone into everything else.

Andy's only saying that because no-one has spotted his cottages...

What cottages?

If you look hard enough you can (just) see the cottages lurking behind the industrial line bridge...... BUT where have they hidden Black Rat's Water Tower?

Last heard of it had been delivered into Mr.Spams' possession.

I did ask John (Old Gringo) at Stafford who said that in its intended position it blocked too much of the sight lines. 

No doubt Black Rat has been informed of the decision not to use it, but I, for one, would have liked to see what appeared to be a fine piece of modelling, and am disappointed not to have seen a Valedictory note in one of the threads, 

• RMweb Premium

D, wires crossed. Folk are talking about this year's BRM layout challenge which involves taking on a partly finished n gauge project abandoned by a club when the members building it moved on.

Then perhaps it needs it own thread. !!

I thought they meant why are we not members of the SRC