Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd come and hang out in the 'BCB lounge'

Its nice here...!

Although from Halesowen, and live in Cornwall. All I can remember is Regional Railway DMU's.

So its nice to see some good old stinky diesels.

Top job guys!

Jack

her's a question... I live in Stafford and there are two ex pubs (one's closed and the other is a curry house) that each have a moulded plaster sculpture on the pubs uprights (between the windows). It is circular, about a foot in diameter with an eagle and in its upraised claw there is a bunch of grapes or maybe a 'hop'. In Wolverhampton a similar design exists on a pub (about half way between fallings wood and Heath Town - on the junction of the A460). The pub is called the Golden Lion (I think, it's a Gold something) This is one moulding, much bigger and this time it is a 'hop'.

Connected ? Does anyone recognise a long lost brewery logo ?

Not sure if this has already been solved but the Eagle and Hop was the emblem of William Butlers of Springfield Brewery Wolvrhampton (remember "Springfield Bitter" from M&B ) according to the Brewery History archive:

http://www.breweryhistory.com/Defunct/Pics/WMOxleyMoor.htm

Terry

Edited by ElTesha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Not from quiet the same era as the layout is set in the 1960's but the attached shows an advertising hording we have recently added to the Oakenshaw layout the Redditch Model Railway Club are currently constructing

The posters came off the internet via one of the sites selling full sized posters. Many of these sites put low resulution images of the posters to attact buyers. For the size need for a model railway layout many are usage images

post-1122-0-03009900-1388857727.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, The Birmingham Mail have published a list of the top 50 Birmingham & Black Country words and phrases, here is a link to save you going round the Wrekin to find it:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/50-top-birmingham-black-country-6477059

it's bostin' aye it our kid

ta-ra a bit

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, The Birmingham Mail have published a list of the top 50 Birmingham & Black Country words and phrases, here is a link to save you going round the Wrekin to find it:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/50-top-birmingham-black-country-6477059

it's bostin' aye it our kid

ta-ra a bit

Round the Wrekin?

I still use this phase to this day, but of course no one around here knows what it means.....