Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

Anyway, as promised that was the office (complete with a 1974 Pirelli Calendar picture [yes, iD, really does his research]) which will go into the Oldbury Road structure.

The office looks very tidy. Shouldn't there be disorganised piles of paper everywhere?

• Like 1

Nah, not sure that building is correct, can't see any toilet room windows....
. The guv'nor has a private facility, not visible to, or available for the Hoi Polloi - they have a STUBSPORTABOG.
Office Manager doesn't look very busy!
He's the cause of "busy" in others...
I'm assuming one of the filing cabinets has a couple glasses and a bottle in it?
Yes. filed under "W" for "Whisky, Malt, Single".
The office looks very tidy. Shouldn't there be disorganised piles of paper everywhere?
That's fairly easy to correct. Watch this space.
There's no yellowy smoke stained walls either. Needs ashtrays!
In reality the walls ARE a dirty yellowish white, but it doesn't show up too well. Creating fagpackets in 4mm is beyond the limits of my technology (I could easily do the design and the packet is at the limit of cut-outable, but I can't printout to such a fine level). I'd give it a go in 7mm however.

Besides, what would they smoke in BCB territory in the 70s? Silk Cut? John Players Specials? Gitanes? Camels? I have no idea.

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not another iD post? Within 10 minutes! What have you done to desrve it?

Is there no beginning to his talents?

Anyway, Oldbury Road has now been fully built and is ready for the paintshop (I'll be painting over the Christmas Hols, there are a number of techniques I want to try out for getting the right look to the brickwork).

As always, we have the obligatory three quarter views:

post-123-0-60039600-1355677471.jpg

post-123-0-85747800-1355677489.jpg

We then have a view of the chimneys and the funny wrap-round guttering seen on the original.

post-123-0-00240800-1355677565.jpg

Finally, a close up of the chimney work. These are separate items that have not yet been fixed in place. Once the building has been painted, then the roof will be fitted and trimmed to seat in the chimney, at which point the chimenys will get permanently fixed.

post-123-0-30359400-1355677714.jpg

Will now need to start cogitating about windows (have already done window boxes!)

iD

Love it...

Sorry if it has been covered elsewhere, which window is the managers office

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry Jim, the BCB team are always (usefully) critical about each other's work. This ranges from a "have you thought about..." through to "that's cr&p...". Mind you, we've known each other for a good 20+ years and hopefully know by now what we can say and how it will be taken.

• RMweb Premium

There is nothing wrong with showing a bit of skrim... its after the watershed.

I did get a shot but then realised that Geoffs piercing saw was between the bridges but if you don't mind that...

This is from the back of the layout looking under the industrial line at the main line and Geoffs quick drying varnish and a pack of very old grout....

post-8894-0-73430300-1355694186_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

If i'm not mistaken that is photographed in you lower orchard !!

Nah, the light is no good there until the evenings; this was the East lawn.

What is the roof ? is it plastic (wills)

Yes, it is the Wills sheet that came with the kit. Cut to size, edges filed to thin them down a bit then a quick blast with some grey primer. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out and think using anything else would just create extra work so will probably stick with this.

• Like 2

...Fag packets, eh, difficult things, but not impossible...

I thought I'd never ascend to your level, Stubby47, but you leave me no choice....

Before the office goes in, its pristine cleanliness will be spoilt by [a] piles of paper, several more copies of the Sun1 (in addition to the one already on the desk) and [c] a couple of packets of ciggies and an ashtray.

iD

1Read, I am assured, for the sports pages and the excellent political commentary and NOT, I am reliably informed, for anything page 3-ish

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Jason, could you do us a quick sketch plan of the building footprint with a few key dimensions on please. Andy B (Wagonbasher) has the board this will sit on and is going to work out a good location for it and then some spot heights. We'll then work out what to do with the yard.

Thanks chap.

PS, looking very nice - showed the real building's owner and he was well impressed.

• Like 2

Besides, what would they smoke in BCB territory in the 70s? Silk Cut? John Players Specials? Gitanes? Camels? I have no idea.

This is a railway layout - Guards of course!

Since you ask, and this is research beyond the call of duty,

Silk Cut, mainly for the girls.

For the middle class, or aspiring:

JPS yes!, marketing link-up with Formula 1 and Ford Capri's.

B&H (gold pack)

For the old lags,

Players No6

Embassy No1

Old Holborne roll-ups

Perhaps this should be filed in the BCB culture section

Edited by 28XX
  • Like 4