Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

D, I trust you are using the good glue....and I see that Anne has been on sandpaper duty (can't think who else it could be).

Just an observation, but won't the trains still fall through the big hole in the top?

• RMweb Premium

D, I trust you are using the good glue....and I see that Anne has been on sandpaper duty (can't think who else it could be).

Just an observation, but won't the trains still fall through the big hole in the top?

Good glue?

I kept it down my trousers to keep it warm.

I see what you mean about the top. No wonder you're a civil engineer.....

• RMweb Premium

D,

I've made you a new image to use as your avatar:

post-6675-0-17952900-1354467652.jpg

I don't get it.

My avatar is of 50026 'Indomitable' inside Old Oak Common (now knocked down) - my favourite class 50.

There wasn't a class 50 called 'sand paper in a block on a fiddle yard' and if there was it couldn't be 50 026

• RMweb Premium

I don't get it.

sand·pa·per/ˈsan(d)ˌpāpər/

Noun:

Paper with sand or another abrasive stuck to it, used for smoothing or polishing woodwork or other surfaces.

Verb:

Smooth with sandpaper.

Synonyms:

noun. emery paper - glass paper - emery

verb. sand

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

sand·pa·per/ˈsan(d)ˌpāpər/

Noun:

Paper with sand or another abrasive stuck to it, used for smoothing or polishing woodwork or other surfaces.

Verb:

Smooth with sandpaper.

Synonyms:

noun. emery paper - glass paper - emery

verb. sand

and now you've swollowed a dictionary.

are you suffering from heat exhaustion - being inside all day in that hot room?

• RMweb Gold

The 'Dustbin Special' was a regular Class 128 between Wolverhampton and Snow Hill. It picked up a load of bins and incinerators from Bilston and took them to Snow Hill for transfer to other services. IIRC they were made by Bradley & Co at Bilston under the trade name 'Beldray'.

Another example of the service when you backdate slightly was a photo I have somewhere of of Small Prairie 4555 just after repainting to GWR livery (1964?) hauling a GUV and and unidentified passenger brake arriving at Snow Hill when substituting for the 128. It was around that time that it worked an SLS Special from Snow Hill to Bromyard out via the Bumble Hole, Dudley, Wolverhampton and Wombourne, back via Dudley, Sedgeley Jn, Horseley Fields and Swan Village.

Alternatively you could divert the last LNWR special in December 1964 via the Darlaston Loop - Double headed Super Ds

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 5