Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

This truly excellent layout provides so many photo opportunities because of it's depth and attention to detail. Conversely the Hornby 8F 2-8-0 isn't the most detailed locos in its catalogue but by golly it is one of the best Hornby's at capturing the essence of these engines. The moody misty shot of it on the embankment brings to mind so many LMR and ER location that I knew in steam days. 

This truly excellent layout provides so many photo opportunities because of it's depth and attention to detail. Conversely the Hornby 8F 2-8-0 isn't the most detailed locos in its catalogue but by golly it is one of the best Hornby's at capturing the essence of these engines. The moody misty shot of it on the embankment brings to mind so many LMR and ER location that I knew in steam days.

Exactly Larry, well weathered, sympathetically pictured, no jarring influences!

A rare visit by a Hornby B1 next? (stolen by Saltley or Aston).

Cheers,

Peter C.

And those shots would be one of those special occasions where Andy Y's smoke effects could only improve things?

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Moody misty shot, that's beer stains on Damian's phone..

Andy

A like button with a qualification here......I cannot fault the scenery as it is so realistic, but that pesky rust-bucket off the Western might as well be a modern day Sprinter for all its non-excitingness...    . :swoon:

Ducks... :derisive:

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A like button with a qualification here......I cannot fault the scenery as it is so realistic, but that pesky rust-bucket off the Western might as well be a modern day Sprinter for all its non-excitingness...    . :swoon:

Ducks... :derisive:

For those of us working around there at the time they were a little light relief from an almost continuous diet of 20s, 25s, 45s and 47s.

• Like 1

For those of us working around there at the time they were a little light relief from an almost continuous diet of 20s, 25s, 45s and 47s.

Ah, In the context of the diesel era I can understand that. I ignored the Westerns in Chester in steam days yet there I wus chasing one to Blaenau a few years ago... :nyam:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You know, with the "How realistic are your Models" thread, photo-shopping and the very generous contributions of members, it is difficult to know what is real or model any more.

Well done to all models makers and well done to those contributing their archives.

Kellybegs, I bet BCB members could have got even more inspiration from those photos - if that is at all possible!

Your photos and what BCB has achieved is really in sync here.

Thanks,

Kev.