When the real thing looks like a model

16 minutes ago, big jim said:

Found this pic I took a few years back whilst looking for something else, a box fresh accurascale class 60 with some lightly weathered revolution tank wagons, Dapol semaphore signals and Bachmann signal box 

18957060823_8087b6c917_o.jpg

Ruined by the chunky rail... with that much detail, the modeller really should have gone for finescale track :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

15 hours ago, big jim said:

Found this pic I took a few years back whilst looking for something else, a box fresh accurascale class 60 with some lightly weathered revolution tank wagons, Dapol semaphore signals and Bachmann signal box 

18957060823_8087b6c917_o.jpg

That code 100 rail is way too tall!

Edited by DavidB-AU
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Some nice work here, although the chimney and factory building stuck to the backscene look a little out of place compared to the signals and signal box, but it does frustrate me when modellers put a train behind a loco that's unrealistically long.

31403 Miles Platting

(Terry Eyres on Flickr

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Those posable louvres and opening cab doors on the Hornby 50 are just gimicks though, and the Peco turntable is clearly too small. Looks daft. Did any 50s receive TOPS numbers whilst unrefurbished too? Would need to see a real photo for that 😜

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

7 hours ago, njee20 said:

Those posable louvres and opening cab doors on the Hornby 50 are just gimicks though

Beat me to it - half the louvres fell out of my mate's Hornby 50 as well, just like the one in that photo.!!🙄🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Beat me to it - half the louvres fell out of my mate's Hornby 50 as well, just like the one in that photo.!!🙄🤦‍♂️

They don't make 'em like they used to! 🤪

• Like 2

3 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Posted on Facebook and shared with permission by Walter Cairns.  

Drummond 57451 at Symington c1957.

FB_IMG_1723734102489.jpg.3a51a9f3d8f59c75249d6c83e4d51c00.jpg

Jim

They haven't put a driver on the footplate, but gone to town on the weathering.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Technically well-executed "modern" merry-go-round diorama, though I think more effort could have been spent on the empty scenic section in the foreground.

53913542071_dd86ded70e_z.jpg

t92-26ss by john catterson, on Flickr

The inconsistent ballasting spoils it for me. Far too much on the first two lines, then the builder just plonked the third, concrete-sleeper flexitrack down on top of the (different colour) ballast!!! 🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Funny 3