GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

George

The footplate crews and guards look super. By the way, I have used that Bodgit method on my layout tonight and it works - a Bodgit splodge of PVA.

Look forward to seeing you at Ruddington.

Binny

George

The footplate crews and guards look super. By the way, I have used that Bodgit method on my layout tonight and it works - a Bodgit splodge of PVA.

Binny

Jeff, you can ONLY use the Bodgit Slodge of PVA under licence from Bodgit Enterprises Ltd.

George

Binny

Hello Binny, l bought some of the PVA glue from Bodgit Enterprises Ltd.....it was delivered in a 45 gallon drum. should last me a lifetime?  but it takes Bodgit a week to use his hahahahahahhahaha

A whole week? naa, just a few days. :sungum:

Anyway, wot modlin you dun today Birthday Boy? :no:  :O

Nowt...Hahahaha Out most of the day and ready for a few pints tonight....Gotta be done...

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday George (a little belated as I've only just thought to drop in).

Love the figures.  Doing a few myself at the moment so it's good to see some motivating examples to spur me on.

• Like 2

Thanks Lads, Yes l had my 64th birthday yesterday and it was a really nice day, a lovely meal and a few scoops, (gotta be done)  Hahahaha, and Cathy bought my first set of wheels from Slaters, so loco building will begin soon...

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Glad to hear you had a good 64 - I believe a Beatle  "when you get older losing your hair etc."  Hope your last year 'on the buses' goes better than some of your recent ones ... don't forget to mark the calendar countdown on a daily basis ... but enjoy.

Cheers, Peter

Glad to hear you had a good 64 - I believe a Beatle  "when you get older losing your hair etc."  Hope your last year 'on the buses' goes better than some of your recent ones ... don't forget to mark the calendar countdown on a daily basis ... but enjoy.

Cheers, Peter

Many years from now,     soon comes round, l cant believe l have been driving buses for forty years, where has all the time gone ?

Thanks Guys for all the birthday wishes, where do the years go ? anyway l have decided to collect all the wheels and motors etc first before l start to build my three locos, maybe after Christmas by the look of it, so l will be starting to build some buildings, starting with a single road engine shed and water tower, and then a small goods depot and build my layout around them, thats the plan anyway...

• Like 4

Thanks Guys for all the birthday wishes, where do the years go ? anyway l have decided to collect all the wheels and motors etc first before l start to build my three locos, maybe after Christmas by the look of it, so l will be starting to build some buildings, starting with a single road engine shed and water tower, and then a small goods depot and build my layout around them, thats the plan anyway...

You have a PLAN? wow that's more than I ever have, looking forward to seeing some of your Buildings, I still look at pictures of the superb Station Building and Signal Box on Trebudoc for inspiration.

Trawling through an auction site the other day there were loads of name and number plates from scrapped steam locos, and l was amazed at the prices they are fetching, for example a Bulleid west country nameplate with badge was going for £45,000, and smokebox number in excess of £1,500, so l had a brain wave why don't l get on and build one...

So l did some research and come up with a piece of 305mm x 600mm x12mm plywood, and sanded it to shape

post-7716-0-12702100-1469484004_thumb.jpg

Then got the computer to print out some Gill-sand 105mm numbers

post-7716-0-10602500-1469484007_thumb.jpg

Then stuck them to some 4mm plywood off-cuts.

post-7716-0-20062600-1469484009_thumb.jpg

Then fret sawed them all out and pinned them to the plate

post-7716-0-42353800-1469484012_thumb.jpg

Then added some poly-filler around the edges of the numbers to make them look like they had been pressed in.

[post-7716-0-24085400-1469484015_thumb.jpg

couple of coats of black paint.

post-7716-0-35632700-1469484017_thumb.jpg

Picked out the numbers in white.

post-7716-0-70932300-1469484019_thumb.jpg

Job done and saved myself £1,500, looks great on the wall

post-7716-0-28429100-1469484022_thumb.jpg

[

• Like 9

Bostin George. Bostin.

34002. That was Salisbury, wasn't it? A west country class at a guess.

Superb work again mate.

Binny

Morning Jeff, Spot on mate 34002 'Salisbury' was one of my favourite Bulleid locos, l have always wanted a memento from her, but common sense and money has always stopped me, now l am thinking of making her nameplate next.. but need to find some thin brass to cover the letters ?

• Like 4

Morning Jeff, Spot on mate 34002 'Salisbury' was one of my favourite Bulleid locos, l have always wanted a memento from her, but common sense and money has always stopped me, now l am thinking of making her nameplate next.. but need to find some thin brass to cover the letters ?

Hi George

Might be worth trying some gold coloured paint first. Easier and cheaper. You can always go down the thin brass route if that doesn't work for you.

Binny

Thanks for the encouragement lads, l have a friend down south who had an original smokebox number plate from a Q1 and it was as rough as hell mine looks better in plywood ? so the plan l have is to make the nameplates in the same way but stick thin brass over the letters then you can buff them up just like the real thing, think l will start with another

WC 34004 'Yeovil' as that was a favourite of the re-builds, l have searched the web and have found some brass foil so l will try that out...

• Like 3