GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Starting to add the hand rails to the 20t brake..

That's a clever trick mate, is it to make painting easier?

Looked at the First Post in Grundy St earlier and your plethora of Kit / Scratch built 7mm Loco looked wonderful, especially the 4F, I saw my old one, (a Bachmann Brassworks Right Hand Drive) at the Club last weekend.

• Like 1

Just saw it sitting there and couldn't resist it, will be part of my layout with the driver / conductor havin' a fag on their break, and yes l will make sure they have the right attire on and HATS, don't want to upset the mad cow do we...hahahahahahaha...

Edited by georgeT

What's new from today mate?

Well not a lot of new stuff going on, you don't realize just how much work there is in building a wagon to get it right, handrails / brake gear etc etc, so l am taking my time to get all the wagons finished and primed.. 

• Like 4

The 20ton Slater's brake van is all complete now, apart from the priming and painting, its not 100% correct but its the best l could do without the instructions PCM sent me the plans and found out l only made 6 running board supports but the plans say l should have fitted 8...will live with that, hahaha

post-7716-0-35014600-1459766229_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Looks pretty good to me George. What colour have you decided to do it?

Hello Cav, Thanks, l think it will be brown as that seems to be the most common...l have to put the handrail along the side yet, as l have just seen it missing, hahahaha..

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 1

Hi George,

If you are planning to use Acrylics, I can recommend Vallejo Game Colour Dark Fleshtones as being a good colour for Bauxite (awful name though).

Hello Rob, Must confess l have never heard of the paint, does it go through the airbrush well ?,  l normally use enamels for the top coats on halford's grey primer, but my mate Bodgit says that halford's do a brown primer ideal for a base for bauxite, so l will have a look for some...thanks for the tip...

• Like 2

Thought you mite have finished them today mate, did that old thing called WORK get in the way again?

Hello Mate only just over a year to go before l can give up work, it will soon come round,, anyway l need to collect as much O gauge stock as l can in the mean time, anyway l have now soldered the handrail up, and now the brake van is finished apart from the painting, l must say l have really enjoyed the building of the van...might bring it down to your workshop for weathering ?...

post-7716-0-25342900-1459837646_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-23739300-1459837648_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-39449300-1459837650_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ah yes that looks better with the added rail. I must say I dodn't actually notice until you said!

Brown is probably the way to go. Of course in my era ot would probably be dutch! Haha

Hi George,

Nice work on the brake van, I might get round to finishing mine one day. lol

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter, They really do go together well and you get an awesome looking wagon at the end, well worth the effort, 

Now to my next project, a friend gave me an LMS brake van so l thought l would start a restoration on it, it needs stripping down.

post-7716-0-60638100-1459890175_thumb.jpg

So l have removed all the handrails and rubbed all the heavy paintwork down with a glass fibre pen getting rid of all the superglue etc etc.....

post-7716-0-93002400-1459890177_thumb.jpg

So the next thing to do is to re-scribe all the planking and give it a rub down using 3000 grit paper......

post-7716-0-05981400-1459890180_thumb.jpg

• Like 4