GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hello George, I built an MTK 7mm scale kit of the Q1 a few years ago (it would have been easier to scratch-build!) and I got a copy of the drawing in MORRILL Jan 1995 which I blew up to 7mm scale. you are quite welcome to a copy if you like. I also strongly recommend you track down a copy of John Scott Morgan's "The Story of the Q1's" published by KRB Publications ISBN0-9544859-1-2 which is full of useful details and photo's of every class member. Good to see you have returned to O gauge.

Regards

Malcolm

Hello Malcolm, Yes please a copy would be very much appreciated, l have always loved the Q1s and have many books on the loco but need a scale drawing to work from Regards George...

• Like 1

OK. I am happy to send it by whatever means suits you. As you may gather I am not sure how to use this forum for anything other than reading posts. Please advise.

Regards

Malcolm

Hello Malcolm, Thanks for the offer, l have sent you a e-mail with my postal details, and will send payment via your address if you send me your details, thanks again...

Like the workmen George, especially the one on the far left in the first picture, looks like he's practicing his dance routine ( happy in his work obv)

Nice build buddy you've got quite a production line going on.

Thanks buddy, Yes l like to have a few things on the go at one time, Andy loves layouts, where l love locos and wagons...

• Like 1

Well two locos ready for Andy's weathering workshop, on the 11th May, but the 08 has given me problems as the wheels are much different to the usual slater's ones l use and they dont like the plungers l had bought for it, so will have to make some wipers up for it, also the numbers are in the wrong font, but as l have loads of 4mm transfers to use up why fork out more money? , Andy will hide them under some tasteful weathering l hope ? hahahaha

post-7716-0-43506900-1461914305_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-47037600-1461914307_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-54569900-1461914309_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Nice work George. Good to see you back doing 0 Gauge.  Gordon at our club has a Q1 probably built for him by Colin. Gordon has a fair bit of knowledge of Q1s having driven them. Regarding  the comments about the Austerity liveries, the Lakeside and Haverthwaite has a Hunslet Austerity painted in Furness Colours. I saw it at Lakeside and spoke to one of the crew taking the p*ss telling him it was a fraud painting it in that livery. I got offered a footplate ride very nice.

The is an interesting thread on building the Conoisseur O2 from Chris (2manyspams) here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/91331-connoisseur-lswr-o2-for-pencarrow-bridge/page-1

Don

edit link for the L&H Austerity http://www.lakesiderailway.co.uk/3698-repulse-hunslett/

Edited by Donw
  • Like 1

Are you glazing the 08 before you bring it down mate?

No l will add the glazing later, l have decided to pick out all the lovely details on the 08 and making a celebrity loco from the 90s the plain black just hid lots of nice details the guy had taken so long to put on, its not finished yet but heres where l am at the mo....

post-7716-0-42796000-1462002222_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice George - Been down to Swanage for a few days, some nice stock there - Are we going to see a Q1 on the workbench ?.

Cheers, Bob.

We will Bob, but not for a bit, as l need to find out where l can get all the fittings first, hopefully thanks to Malcolm l will have a 7mm drawing soon so baltle  will commence...

• Like 4

Cab interior is looking mighty fine mate, very nice job as always, so neat.

Cheers Buddy, Well me and her indoors are off for a week in Brixham for a nice break. so will make a start on my new kits and projects next week when l should be all fired up and ready to go...

• Like 5

Cheers Buddy, Well me and her indoors are off for a week in Brixham for a nice break. so will make a start on my new kits and projects next week when l should be all fired up and ready to go...

Plenty of South Devon Steam Railways then :good: - Have a good break.

Cheers, Bob.

Hello Buddy, Came back yesterday knackered but really fired up and rearing to get back to finishing off my J94 and the 08 ready for their weathering down at yours on Wednesday, it was nice to find the Q1 drawings that Malcolm had kindly sent to me and has also put some nice detail drawings in as well....

post-7716-0-01413400-1462781744_thumb.jpg

Took a whole lot of detail photos of every loco we saw...

post-7716-0-00681900-1462781735_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-80028700-1462781736_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-23015400-1462781738_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-85687300-1462781739_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-45521600-1462781741_thumb.jpg

• Like 12