GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

I felt the same about the 03, but was still happy once I'd got used to seeing it painted.

l remember when Crownline started doing the shows their stand had  glass cabinet's with all their brass locos on show with all the addition they made for locos in OO all in lovely brass, they looked great and far to good to paint ?...

Your'e an O Gauger again now George .... Money no Problem !! ... Why not go for the Mega Breakfast and a Latte Hahaha.

Cheers, Bob.

Morning Lads, Don't know about the money Bob, the new venture into O gauge is on a very tight budget, but l have sold ALL my OO gauge to give me the dosh to buy some things at the O gauge show at Leigh on Saturday, as l have said before this time l am building anything from any era and l will build a small yard to run the stock on later...what l fancy doing is to scratch build a Bulleid Q1 0-6-0 tender loco,  so what l am looking for is a nice 7mm scale drawing of one, l wonder if anyone can help ?

• Like 4

Morning Lads, Don't know about the money Bob, the new venture into O gauge is on a very tight budget, but l have sold ALL my OO gauge to give me the dosh to buy some things at the O gauge show at Leigh on Saturday, as l have said before this time l am building anything from any era and l will build a small yard to run the stock on later...what l fancy doing is to scratch build a Bulleid Q1 0-6-0 tender loco,  so what l am looking for is a nice 7mm scale drawing of one, l wonder if anyone can help ?

I know what you mean about the money George, the good thing is that O Gauge can be done on a budget with good results, and I know whatever you produce will be to a high standard :good:  -  I look forward to following the build of a QI when you get around to it, one of my favourite Loco's as well, I'm sure someone on here has a set of drawings to help you out. 

Cheers, Bob.

Well after been given tips from Rob on the use of Vellejo acrylic paints l decided to buy and try, so l waited until Bodgit came up today and after a nice big breakfast we tried the paints out together

post-7716-0-81732200-1461165498_thumb.jpg

Rob said that dark fleshtone was a really good Bauxite brown

post-7716-0-62883100-1461165488_thumb.jpg

So l let Bodgit have a go first...

post-7716-0-30944000-1461165492_thumb.jpg

Bodgit does it slightly different to me...

post-7716-0-05191000-1461165501_thumb.jpgpost-7716-0-15718000-1461165503_thumb.jpg

So l painted my brake van..

.post-7716-0-02723500-1461165505_thumb.jpg

All in all we thought the paints were great and a lot easier to manage in their little bottles, and seemed to clean up better too ...

• Like 8

I hate acrylics for main paintwork but you seem happy and it looks to have gone on ok from what you can tell in the pictures. Just curious how Bodgit does it differently to you?

All in all we thought the paints were great and a lot easier to manage in their little bottles, and seemed to clean up better too ...

Hi George,

I am glad to hear you found them easy to use and clean up. I have been using them for a few years now and any issues that I have have been due to errors on my part rather than any problem with the paint.

And I really don't want to sound like the health and safety police but I would really recommend that you wear a suitable mask when spraying anything - I know that they are acrylics and don't have any health warnings on the label but particles of any sort of paint can't help your lungs :O

Edited by Rob Pulham
  • Like 1

Hi George,

I am glad to hear you found them easy to use and clean up. I have been using them for a few years now and any issues that I have have been due to errors on my part rather than any problem with the paint.

And I really don't want to sound like the health and safety police but I would really recommend that you wear a suitable mask when spraying anything - I know that they are acrylics and don't have any health warnings on the label but particles of any sort of paint can't help your lungs :O

Good and valid point Rob...thanks.

I hate acrylics for main paintwork but you seem happy and it looks to have gone on ok from what you can tell in the pictures. Just curious how Bodgit does it differently to you?

Everything... hahahahaha

• Like 2

Great day, :sungum:

Cav, all I did different really was to turn the open wagon up side down and do the Chassis first rather than handling a WET wagon like George did to try an do it last.

Really great day Buddy, I do like the Vallejo paints and bottles, super smooth silky finish, Not sure how they will work just for weathering yet, only time will tell for me on that one.

• Like 4

Been home form George's for a couple of hours now.

Going there today was a BIG MISTAKE.

Fell asleep in the Chair and woke screaming;

don't do it,     :O       don't do it,     :O

DONT SELL ALL YOUR DOUBLE O AND GO BACK TO O GAUGE Peters. :no:  :no: :no:   :scared:  :scared: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Yes very nice mate, wheels off and chassis next?

Hello Mate, Yes the chassis is the next job, will have to buy a slater's allen key at Leigh to get the wheels off, seem to have lost the one l had....

Hello Mate, Yes the chassis is the next job, will have to buy a slater's allen key at Leigh to get the wheels off, seem to have lost the one l had....

Probably gave it away more like, :O  the LAST TIME you said you weren't going back to O GAUGE :no:  :no:  :no:  :no: , hahahhah. :nono:  :nono: :nono: