All

any one had problems with walthers swing couplers,just bought a load of new freight cars at the weekend, and some of the walthers cars have these couplers,tried a few out and they don't seem to centre right,would it be better to glue the coupler in the centre or replace them.

post-13979-0-84142800-1333368137_thumb.jpg

got all these for about £8 each a bargain or what, half of then have never been out of the box,still sealed up

Ray

P.S for another new layout using code 83 #8 points

If you're using fairly large points then body mounting Kadees should work fine - presume it's the 60' Pullman Standard boxes which have swinging ones, as IIRC the Gunderson ones are fixed - if the Gunderson ones run through your track with fixed boxes then you can safely convert the PS ones I guess! ;)

Might be worth unscrewing the Walthers coupler mounts and checking to see if there's any flash which is gumming it up though, sometimes it is that simple!

A very good buy indeed.

Yes I agree a check to see that all is free insoide the draft boxes would be a good start, but I'm a Kadee fan and I suggest that you consider replacing the couplers with Kadees.

Cheers guys

done a bit of exploring today, found it was the bar thats there to stop the coupler pocket drooping

was screwed to tight plus there was a bit of flash, a run over with a needlefile did the job.

heres a photo before i filed the bar

post-13979-0-96537600-1333916046_thumb.jpg

thanks again for all your help

Ray

Archived