New OO gauge Class 73

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance but I have read through this trying to find a link to Dapol website concerning the fixes for the lights with each decoder but can't find it can someone please put me in the right direction

Thank you

Not Dapol, but this might help?

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/Dapol-class-73-dcc-fix/

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I see that they are doing 73 202 in Southern Livery.  I do hope that they will be doing the loco in it's current guise as "Graham Stenning".  Graham was himself an accomplished railway modeller, as well as a very good and sadly missed friend.  He was often to be found at exhibitions behind one of the layouts of Roundhouse of this parish, along with myself and others (and also with us in the local real ale establishments after the show).  A model loco would be a fitting tribute, to follow on from the real one.

• RMweb Gold

I see that they are doing 73 202 in Southern Livery.  I do hope that they will be doing the loco in it's current guise as "Graham Stenning".  Graham was himself an accomplished railway modeller, as well as a very good and sadly missed friend.  He was often to be found at exhibitions behind one of the layouts of Roundhouse of this parish, along with myself and others (and also with us in the local real ale establishments after the show).  A model loco would be a fitting tribute, to follow on from the real one.

I have the paint colours and a 73 ready to do this livery but glad that I haven't started it now.

A photo is pinned on the back of a number of layouts of our friends nameplates on the loco.

Fingers crossed the shades will be correct as Dapol hopefully have this livery correct for Gaugemaster N scale version.

Dapol have listed the liveries for the next Class 73 production run.  People after corrected colour versions of the previous liveries are going to be disappointed:

https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/forum/main-forum/diesel-aa/class-73-aa/3277-liveries-for-the-next-production-run-of-class-73-s

Two more JAs in BR green, making 4 JAs in green to date. I wonder if they will ever do a JA in later livery at some point?

I've got an interesting scenario, fitted a Bachmann 21 pin decoder to my GBRf Class 73, resoldered the wires for correct directional running, tested with my Dynamis and all ok. Run in on DC all seems ok.

Set it to run on the layout and it will not respond, sets off at a crawl but is uncontrollable. I use a basic EZ controller on the layout, similar problem I had with my Windhoff MPV unit that wouldn't respond, and ended up fitting a Sapphire Decoder which resolved it.

Just wondered whether anyone else had had a similar problem with their loco.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55835-a-problem-with-my-class-350/?hl=sapphire&do=findComment&comment=680845

I've got an interesting scenario, fitted a Bachmann 21 pin decoder to my GBRf Class 73, resoldered the wires for correct directional running, tested with my Dynamis and all ok. Run in on DC all seems ok.

Set it to run on the layout and it will not respond, sets off at a crawl but is uncontrollable. I use a basic EZ controller on the layout, similar problem I had with my Windhoff MPV unit that wouldn't respond, and ended up fitting a Sapphire Decoder which resolved it.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55835-a-problem-with-my-class-350/?hl=sapphire&do=findComment&comment=680845

Could that suggest that its the controller that's the problem, given that you say its the common element?

• RMweb Gold

A lot of Dapol OO locos require 4 function decoders so the simpler Bachmann 2 function decoders often wont work. Has exactly that with one of my 73's and class 22's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am really disappointed over Dapol give news for next livery on production

Because you and I want buy Dapol class 73 yellow with regional railway

Class 73 based Liverpool for worked in Liverpool area of lives of thirds line

Actually Andrew I don't want a Class 73 in yellow livery.

Dapol is a business that I'm sure knows its customers and will produce what will sell in quantity to earn them a return on their investment.

Actually Andrew I don't want a Class 73 in yellow livery.

Dapol is a business that I'm sure knows its customers and will produce what will sell in quantity to earn them a return on their investment.

Neither do I, but I've interpreted Andrew's post 'You and I' to be 'I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to buy.....'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To turn off DC running you need to reduce the value in cv29 by 4, if your hand set can not read cv values use this http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm cv29 calulator and enter the value in cv29.

So if the factory setting value is 6 needs to be 2.

Changed CV29 to 2 but doesn't move at all now.

However tested on a Dynamis and loco runs fine which is annoying.

Edited by martin_l_jones