Help me choose my next 37...

50 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• 37685 - Intercity Swallow
    • 37698 - Loadhaul

I've managed to sort out a green 37/4 shell as Caerphilly Castle. I've always wanted one, as my first ever train was an Airfix Castle steam loco, Caerphilly Castle that Dad bought me before I was even one back in 1980! This isn't quite the same but potentially allows a 2007 era now on Paxton Road. Watch out for the detailing and weathering posts in my blog starting next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too have Caerphilly Castle James and its a great livery, shame the real thing isn't running anymore :rolleyes: i particularly like this loco as it was named at my local station Caerphilly along with 37425 pride of the valleys ;) Are you going to re-number "Keith David Hilton" now as you couldn't realistically have two locomotives with the same TOPS number lol :lol:

Btw 37698 has lost its EWS door ;) and soon the rest of its components judging by how heavily stripped it is :( shame...

Its got to be 698 - do it right and have the EWS engine room door.

I'm not a livery frother by any stretch of the imagination, (particularly when it comes to orange & black) but 698 was a regular for me and a bit of a beast.

Shame to see it in Booths.

I would personally have intercity as i never saw these machines and find it a striking livery were as loadhauls nice and i've already re-sprayed every tractor in it i saw these orange/black 37's all the time back in my fotting days so yup an intercity tractor ;)

Archived