Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody really ENJOY moving? Though I suppose it must be quite exciting if it's your first property (I can't remember that far back!)

Good luck with the move this Thursday, Andy.

We really DO expect TLGP to be up-and-running by Christmas and Mike has assured me he'll be relentless in his demand for grass on your new layout!

Jeff

I think I enjoyed our first three moves.  Well I enjoyed getting into the places and they were not too much hassle.  The first was into a flat above a shop on the first day back after honeymoon.  The second was into a two bedroom house about three weeks before the birth of our first son, and the third was ten years later when we moved all three sons into a four bed semi. 

Thinking about you on Thursday Andy.

• RMweb Premium

The biggest pain for me at the moment is the sense of being in "limbo".

I just want to be doing something, whether it's in the garden or bunker.

The "phoney war" of sitting around waiting for something to happen isn't pleasant. And fortunately for Andy, that part ends on Thursday.

Jeff

The "phoney war" of sitting around waiting for something to happen isn't pleasant. And fortunately for Andy, that part ends on Thursday.

Jeff

The Limbo bit has been a pain for us too, and so I know where you and Brother Steve (makes him sound like a Monk :no: )are coming from.

After Noon on Thursday the hard work begins, by the time you get moved in I should be almost finished with my messy and hard work bit, we may even have the furniture back by then. Pickfords packed 62 boxes so god knows where they'll all go when they get delivered back to us,

Oh yes I do know, in the Garage.

• RMweb Premium

The Limbo bit has been a pain for us too, and so I know where you and Brother Steve (makes him sound like a Monk :no: )are coming from.

After Noon on Thursday the hard work begins, by the time you get moved in I should be almost finished with my messy and hard work bit, we may even have the furniture back by then. Pickfords packed 62 boxes so god knows where they'll all go when they get delivered back to us,

Just make sure they don't STAY in the garage, or you'll be scuppered!

I'll have a similar problem, but with the baseboard height I'm going to use I'll be able to store a fair amount of stuff - including a virtual duplicate set of kitchen appliances - under the boards.

Jeff

• Like 2

Oh, noooo!

Doom, DOOM, I tells yer!

Eight & a half year since we moved and our garage still gets filled with junk! I can bottom it out every so often then, what do I find? Some kindly person (my good lady!) has put a couple of boxes in there "just so they're out of the way" Aargh!!! This is then followed by more 'stuff' over the next weeks til we're back at square one.

Perhaps I need to keep her on a tighter leash!

All the best with the move anyway, Andy!

John E.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

Well nows the time to crack out the plasticard and build something, or make some kit coaches/wagons up.....

I've been in the phoney war stage for 5 years now, but the rolling stock is slowly growing (you never know I might actually finish one soon!).

Good Luck Andy with the move, and I reckon that TLGP should be finished by September, with the first lot of grass appearing in about a fortnights time!

Andy G

• Like 3

Oh, noooo!

Doom, DOOM, I tells yer!

Eight & a half year since we moved and our garage still gets filled with junk! I can bottom it out every so often then, what do I find? Some kindly person (my good lady!) has put a couple of boxes in there "just so they're out of the way" Aargh!!! This is then followed by more 'stuff' over the next weeks til we're back at square one.

Perhaps I need to keep her on a tighter leash!

All the best with the move anyway, Andy!

John E.

NO John,               CHANGE THE LOCKS.hhahaaa

• Like 1

TO Andy G,    sorry my Mouse hit the wrong button and gave you something and it wasn't the THANKS that it was supposed to be, I blame tired and worn out fingers and a very badly behaved Mouse.

• RMweb Premium

Well nows the time to crack out the plasticard and build something, or make some kit coaches/wagons up.....

I've been in the phoney war stage for 5 years now, but the rolling stock is slowly growing (you never know I might actually finish one soon!).

Good Luck Andy with the move, and I reckon that TLGP should be finished by September, with the first lot of grass appearing in about a fortnights time!

Andy G

Nice to hear from you Andy. Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to do much as all the model-related gear is sealed away in boxes in the bunker, waiting for the move.

Plenty of time to read and listen to music though.

Hope all is well in deepest Cambridgeshire.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Ah, that's a shame, but at least you are reading up on things!

Things down here ain't too bad, if only I had more time!

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Ah, that's a shame, but at least you are reading up on things!

Things down here ain't too bad, if only I had more time!

Andy G

More time for modelling, I assume? Are you still able to get some modelling done during your shifts in the box?

KL2 should be underway later this year so you'll have the chance for more input  once again. Keep your spirits up!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I'm doing what i can here in the box, don't get any time at home at the minute!

I'm looking forward to KL2 starting...

Andy G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Guess were a lot of stuff that needs a home is currently to be found - yes the railway room

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick progress report.

Bunker/house pics in the Lounge. The site manager assures me we'll be in the house by late June. Hopefully the bunker conversion will be able to start in September.

KL2 is ready to rise again!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

All quiet on the KL front.

Scuba gear is currently being employed to move things around my garden and during a fleeting visit to the new house.

Roll on "flaming" June. Ha ha ha, to quote Bodge.

On the subject of which, I hope he's not being washed out in sunny Derbyshire!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff,

Keep the scuba gear handy! Did you see the paper this morning............June will be a wash-out. If you can believe them.

No, I don't believe them!

If you monitor the local weather forecast on the internet over a 24 hour period the variation in forecast can be dramatic. Unless we're sat under a large area of high pressure.

So forecasting a month ahead - pah! 30 - 40 years ago they used to try a 3 month long-range forecast..... Umm.

Anyway, scuba gear cleaned and ready!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, Let me know if there's a dry spell coming as I need to store all my railway room kitchen units outside whilst I build the new shed.

I'll get my crystal ball out and have a look....

Ok, you should be ok to go outside around about October 15th.....

Jeff

I'll get my crystal ball out and have a look....

Ok, you should be ok to go outside around about October 15th.....

Jeff

Are you sure your looking at the right BALLS? please check again and report back ASAP.

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure your looking at the right BALLS? please check again and report back ASAP.

Just checked my balls again, Andy.

It'll be sunny today and unsettled this week. 

Hopefully there might be more build on the new bunker this week. Pics next weekend.

Hope things continue to go well in Swad.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Has it got a dpc Jeff?

Yes, Mike - it certainly has.

I didn't look for it when I was on-site, but it's clear on some of the photos I took - which was good to see!

Jeff

• Like 2