Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I've been out for a curry tonight and just popped in to see if there'd been any comments. You lot have been busy and taken the thread to 13,000 posts.

We can only hope that one day our anhydrite wishes will be granted. In the meantime, there's plenty of other things to run on the line. And - in the absence of any kind of layout (15 months ago, I had 2 fully working!) even the THOUGHT of locos hauling ANY kind of wagon is a nice one.

Oh well, dreams of concrete and bricks remain, for the moment!

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

13000 posts. Congratulations

The question is, can we reach 15000 before KL2 starts?

And the answer is: NO!!

Not unless somebody succumbs to "posting diarrhoea", so to speak!

Thanks to all the contributors to KL, so far - especially since its demise 10 months ago.

And Peter - keep contributing to KL/KL2. That way we know something WILL make sense!  :sungum:

Jeff

• Like 1

And the answer is: NO!!

Not unless somebody succumbs to "posting diarrhoea", so to speak!

Thanks to all the contributors to KL, so far - especially since its demise 10 months ago.

Yay, it is comical that a layout thread has had no layout in it for 10 months. I often think back to those heady days when you were busy hand-building drystone walls. What a hero! I have 'discovered' the relatively inexpensive Peco stone walls but haven't had time to make anything of them as yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yay, it is comical that a layout thread has had no layout in it for 10 months. I often think back to those heady days when you were busy hand-building drystone walls. What a hero! I have 'discovered' the relatively inexpensive Peco stone walls but haven't had time to make anything of them as yet.

Cheers Larry.

The "heady" days of stone walling will certainly return on KL2! Unfortunately, due to the massive changes in gradient on the Fell, the only way for me is to build the walls. And the new ones will have variable width, length and height (width wasn't a factor on the KL ones). So it's going to be "fun, fun, fun" - but very satisfying (WHEN IT's DONE!!!)

As for the layout. Hoping to start the garage conversion in November, baseboards Feb 15, maybe get some track down by May? 

KL WILL return!

Jeff

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Since the garden work is "preventing" work starting on the bunker, I thought I'd post the latest garden update on here.

If Larry is looking, it IS a layout thread, Larry. But I need to study the garden photos to determine where the G gauge extension from the bunker will go!

Anyway, there's no smoke without fire, and no discussion of smoky engines here - that can stay in the Lounge....

Jock, for you mate!.....

post-13778-0-15057400-1414245926_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-24674000-1414245930_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-73184000-1414245937_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-86188600-1414245952_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-80463400-1414245963_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Nice bit of work. :sungum:  But where's the grass? :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  

Now don't YOU start! I'm surprised Bodge hasn't already asked that question!

There WILL be a small grassed area - next year - BOTH in the garden and on the Fell. Stay tuned!

Jeff

• Like 4

Now don't YOU start! I'm surprised Bodge hasn't already asked that question!

There WILL be a small grassed area - next year - BOTH in the garden and on the Fell. Stay tuned!

Jeff

I had to get that one in. Bodge has obviously managed to miss something.

If your previous work is anything to go by, it should look good once the spring arrives

• Like 1

Hi Jeff, and others, well its good to see that the work has progressed to the stage where you can see inside the Garage (just) but still no ..................................?

One day Jeff, one day we will see G.

Anyway there's a surprise for Jeff very soon,  cant say anymore just yet, but he WILL like it.          

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, and others, well its good to see that the work has progressed to the stage where you can see inside the Garage (just) but still no ..................................?

One day Jeff, one day we will see G.

Anyway there's a surprise for Jeff very soon,  cant say anymore just yet, but he WILL like it.          

It looks like one of Andy's guessing games. Must be to do with Bitton. First baseboard built? A section of track, maybe?

Oooooh, it's like Christmas!

Jeff

• Like 1

It looks like one of Andy's guessing games. Must be to do with Bitton. First baseboard built? A section of track, maybe?

Oooooh, it's like Christmas!

Jeff

Bitton renamed Ashcombe :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeff, just 3 1/2 more days to go before I retire. Please sir, can I come and play trains when you have something running? I will have some spare time in between building Derwent.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, just 3 1/2 more days to go before I retire. Please sir, can I come and play trains when you have something running? I will have some spare time in between building Derwent.

Congratulations, Jonathan!! Fantastic news. A whole new batch of modelling time awaits you!

The simple answer to your question is "yes". I'm not making KL2 (as with KL) available to a wide audience "in situ" because my creation will be nothing special, built principally to keep myself happy and I'd hate to disappoint. However, there are a small number of interested Lunesters who are very welcome here.

Pencil in your diary - something may be running (hopefully) by April/May 2015. More to the point, I ought to come down and see Derwent, as it's a lot more advanced than (non-existent) KL2!!

Just be careful that your wife doesn't find you too many jobs to fill your time!

Jeff

• Like 3

Your wife?  Ha!  I just got handed back one heck of a mess- our community association books...and all kinds of nastygrams from CRA (Inland Revenue) about our status...oh, and dad wants me to do CFD modeling on a 3" model engine (I've never done CFD before, I just know that it is now practical, and somewhat available to someone like me...), and I have actual, WORK for work in the form of a new class of ship drawings...

Someone must have heard that I only have 18 months before I retire from this job...and thought, never give the job to the guy with lots of time on his hands !

James

Edited by peach james
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Your wife?  Ha!  I just got handed back one heck of a mess- our community association books...and all kinds of nastygrams from CRA (Inland Revenue) about our status...oh, and dad wants me to do CFD modeling on a 3" model engine (I've never done CFD before, I just know that it is now practical, and somewhat available to someone like me...), and I have actual, WORK for work in the form of a new class of ship drawings...

Someone must have heard that I only have 18 months before I retire from this job...and thought, never give the job to the guy with lots of time on his hands !

James

James, very true. Although you could take it as a compliment..... They probably realise that a man with your experience is going to do a far better job than the new kid on the block. 

And they're screwing you for all you're worth, while they've still got you!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Only 2 1/2 days to go now and the boss says, don't come in on Thursday - work from home!

Maybe "work from home" could be interpreted as "relax, take it easy and do some more work in your loft!"

Don't count the hours down. I did that and it seemed to take FOREVER!!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Maybe "work from home" could be interpreted as "relax, take it easy and do some more work in your loft!"

Don't count the hours down. I did that and it seemed to take FOREVER!!

Jeff

That's exactly what she meant as there's no work left to do!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

That's exactly what she meant as there's no work left to do!

This is what I like to hear! I hope they give you a good send-off. You never know, they may have bought you some useful kit for Derwent?!

As for the KL2 thing, you'll be more than welcome - but you must agree to participate in inane videos to be posted on here. Have to keep the standards down, you understand (you'll know what I mean if you look back to Bodge's visit last November).

Jeff

• Like 1

Only 2 1/2 days to go now and the boss says, don't come in on Thursday - work from home!

Congratulations on your imminent retirement....   and of course I'm not jealous....

I'm now at the age where the years are going by quickly enough, yet sadly when it comes to work I end up wishing my life away to escape. What is it about modern management that seems hell bent on making the job as unpleasant as possible???

Just when you think you'll be allowed to get on with the job - and enjoy doing it, they're up to their old tricks again.

So once again I'm reaching for the calculator, thinking about pension forecasts and trying to plan an escape route....

Alan