Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Ah, the words 'Permitted Development' come to mind ;)

The only way there'll be any ingress into the house - unlikely in the near future - is if I get a proper loft conversion done.

But as I haven't even moved into the house yet that's getting ahead of myself!!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

The only way there'll be any ingress into the house - unlikely in the near future - is if I get a proper loft conversion done.

Jeff

But nothing to stop you erecting a 'shed' or 'outbuilding' very close to the garage - possibly even with a shared wall on one side or at one end :)

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

At least your thinking along the right lines!.......... Lines - get it? Anyway back to sensible things, the distance from the proposed loft conversion to the bunker would encroach on modelling time, I mean what if you left those 'special' pliers in the loft, see sensible as always.

Do you have a fixed date yet?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff,

At least your thinking along the right lines!.......... Lines - get it? Anyway back to sensible things, the distance from the proposed loft conversion to the bunker would encroach on modelling time, I mean what if you left those 'special' pliers in the loft, see sensible as always.

Do you have a fixed date yet?

Evening lads.

Quick break between final packing. Moving into the new house tomorrow. Garden work will start in a fortnight or so and bunker work, probably, in September.

No hurry for the railways stuff, though, as the first phase of garden work involves a lot of concreting and bricklaying, which I absolutely love doing. The date I start depends on when I have space to have a few tons of bricks and aggregate delivered - and I can't even think about that until the last of the several removal deliveries on July 9th.

As for your dastardly plan, Mike.... erm, watch this space!

Jeff

• Like 6

Hi Jeff, YES I know I wasn't going to post today as I felt YUK earlier after the Hospital visit went wrong, but a short sleep and just a quick look before the Good Lady and the eyes tell me that I've had enough.

Rains forecast for the next week or two, (its Glastonbury) so forget the garden and make a start in the Bunker, I will pop in again in a few days to see what trains you have running, BUT I don't expect grass just yet.

Bodge

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

What's all this talk about ingress into the house? We've seen the pictures Jeff... you've got plenty of space to build an extension to the garage!

Good luck with the move tomorrow!

Regards, Neil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jeff,
All the best for tomorrow.  I assume that the internet is not connected yet so posting may be a bit slow for a while.  I would also assume that your loft will not be big enough to stand up in although I have to admit I have seen the house but not taken notice of the roof space.

Have fun, don't get too stressed and definitely do not over do it. 

Yes Chris is right, DON'T OVER DO IT,

I know how easy it is to get carried away with jobs, you say I just do this one last thing, then its to late.

We don't want another excuse for not starting KL2 tomorrow night, hhahahhahaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Lads, thanks very much for all the best wishes. MUCH appreciated.

Especially good to have Andy back on here.

The great thing about being on here is that if I'm ever in a "down" I know you lot will cheer me up and enthuse me.

Pictures of progress will be forthcoming. No internet until Monday at the earliest, but should be able to do general posts via the phone.

Jeff

• Like 2

Lads, thanks very much for all the best wishes. MUCH appreciated.

Especially good to have Andy back on here.

The great thing about being on here is that if I'm ever in a "down" I know you lot will cheer me up and enthuse me.

Pictures of progress will be forthcoming. No internet until Monday at the earliest, but should be able to do general posts via the phone.

Jeff

Jest mac shor uoo get tha speeling rite on fone buttoms Jiff. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

HAHAAHHAHHaaaasaaaaeeeee

Splodge :no:

• RMweb Premium

I'll try my best to type in propurrly over the next week, Andy.

Today's removal van has just turned up, so the fun is starting. Both my brother and my car's are loaded up with 50 boxes of CDs.

Yes, it's going to be fun!

Jeff

I will look in again at lunchtime.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

As you have a Mini, that probably equates to 50 CD's, in their boxes :D

Hope all goes well mate, sure it will though. I tried giving you a ring yesterday but I guess you were up to your eyeballs in packing and that's why you chose to ignore me ( :D)

Evening lads.

Quick break between final packing. Moving into the new house tomorrow. Garden work will start in a fortnight or so and bunker work, probably, in September.

No hurry for the railways stuff, though, as the first phase of garden work involves a lot of concreting and bricklaying, which I absolutely love doing. The date I start depends on when I have space to have a few tons of bricks and aggregate delivered - and I can't even think about that until the last of the several removal deliveries on July 9th.

As for your dastardly plan, Mike.... erm, watch this space!

Jeff

Good luck with the move, Jeff - never pleasant, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

*right, lads; the book on how long before Jeff gets buttonholed over lack of grass on the fell starts now.  I'll have 23rd November.*

:-)

Scott

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hope you have better luck with your removal than our next door neighbours - 2 pantechnicons arrived this morning, one loaded and gone, the other sitting outside on the pavement somewhat failed (clutch?).  Large pile of cardboard boxes gradually growing outside their front door, rain promised overnight - oops. 

Hi Jeff,

Its 9pm almost and I bet your still at it even after being told to take it easy! Get some of those boxes of CD's that you will never find the time to listen to stacked up as baseboard supports for KL2, tomorrow will do I realise you must may be tired!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning everybody!

Busy day yesterday - finally left the old house at 3pm. Mike - 3 pantechnions yesterday and more to come next week - and the week after, too.

Sky installed TV today - internet on Monday.

Will post pics then.

Fireplace currently being installed.

Fun, fun, fun!

Btw,available space in bunker is 17'6" x 15'6" despite the wall support.

Jeff

• Like 3