Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

I'm saying nothing but you joined this forum just over three weeks after me and I have not long passed only 600 posts. :), but you do keep us fully entertained and we keep coming back for more.

It's a great group to be part of.

Jim, just remember your producing quality modelling whilst I produce Quantity Gobshite, we cant all be good at everything.

Anyway off to the Lounge now to make an announcement. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wow!!

I go away for an hour and there's an avalanche of posts on here - and very entertaining too!

Jock - you are clearly on the ball my man.

And as for the region of Gobshiteshire, I thought that used to be near Plymouth, latterly near Swadlincote, Derbyshire!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I'm saying nothing but you joined this forum just over three weeks after me and I have not long passed only 600 posts. :), but you do keep us fully entertained and we keep coming back for more.

It's a great group to be part of.

Glad to be of service. But I am, of course, merely the right-hand man to master entertainer (and frequent ace modeller), the one and only (thankfully!!  :O  :O  :O ) Mr Andy Bodge.

Without him the Lunesters wouldn't be half as good!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bodge is back where the toadstool are you when your needed?

Committee meeting last night, then Knackered.

Mum to Hospital again this morning to see the eye Surgeon, that turned into early afternoon as well.

Busy on the Dog this afternoon, will post results in Lounge later.

Good to hear from you. I hope your mum and Dee are coping well. And don't overdo it at the Club - we all need a rest at times!

Andy, I read your comments in the BRM thread today. Remember - you had EVERY reason to be angry and if the powers that be at BRM don't like that, well, tough. Do NOT climb down - the reaction on here demonstrates what the rank-and-file feel.

If KL ever gets into print I'd go ballistic if some random person picked me up on the cobble size I'd used near the station, for example.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I have pretty much got there now, at least until I can get the airbrush out and finish off the Crab, 2-4-2 and water tank. I haven't been sat on my arse though; I have flush glazed one of the Bachmann Mk1 Suburbans with the Shawplan Laserglaze windows, which is a long, fiddly and frustrating task (hence only one out of the three done) but it makes such a difference to the look of them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You will just have to make sure that you don't build any aqueducts, cuttings up to the edge of viaducts, etc., then Jeff, or I might just take pen to paper under my pseudonym, Sandra Side

• Like 1

Glad to be of service. But I am, of course, merely the right-hand man to master entertainer (and frequent ace modeller), the one and only (thankfully!!  :O  :O  :O ) Mr Andy Bodge.

Without him the Lunesters wouldn't be half as good!

Jeff

Evening Jeff, without my Sh1te on her just think how much more modelling you would all get done.

Jim would have a Forest.

Jason, even more Factories and that EXTENSION.

Mike would have some Grass.

And Jock would have nowhere to post all his much appreciated likes every day.

Thanks one and all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You will just have to make sure that you don't build any aqueducts, cuttings up to the edge of viaducts, etc., then Jeff, or I might just take pen to paper under my pseudonym, Sandra Side

With a name like that and that BEARD of yours, you'll be singing the next UK entry in Eurovision!!!!

Good look with the photoshoot - Andy Y's for BRM (not the Eurovision Bureau)  :D  :D  :D  :D

Jeff 

Good to hear from you. I hope your mum and Dee are coping well. And don't overdo it at the Club - we all need a rest at times!

Andy, I read your comments in the BRM thread today. Remember - you had EVERY reason to be angry and if the powers that be at BRM don't like that, well, tough. Do NOT climb down - the reaction on here demonstrates what the rank-and-file feel.

If KL ever gets into print I'd go ballistic if some random person picked me up on the cobble size I'd used near the station, for example.

Jeff

Jeff, no more Club now for 2 to 3 Months, SL will need to be stored this weekend until I get the Potting Shed built, poss about August / September I would think.

TBH, once the Shed is done I will be ordering my Baseboards for my two permanent projects as I cant wait to get them started and you and Jason down for some abuse sorry I meant FUN.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening Jeff, without my Sh1te on her just think how much more modelling you would all get done.

Jim would have a Forest.

Jason, even more Factories and that EXTENSION.

Mike would have some Grass.

And Jock would have nowhere to post all his much appreciated likes every day.

Thanks one and all.

Maybe, but it wouldn't be very entertaining!!

I've replied to your Lounge post.....

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just love the banter in this thread, it gets better and better, modelling is up there too.

Jeff.

Very kind of you to say so, sir. You obviously have a great taste for the "finer" things in life!

Mind you, if you are another Jeff, as your signature implied, well, I'm not surprised!!    :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Jeff

Evening Jeff, and talking of GRASS which we weren't anyway, but we are thinking of laying a small lawn in the rear of the new pad once I have lifted the 200 plus patio slabs.

You must be on count down by now, do you have a date yet?

• RMweb Premium

No specific date, Andy. But we expect to have completion by the end of June.

So I'm reckoning somewhere during the week beginning Monday 23rd June.

The next step is to shift all my furniture into storage - this will happen about a week before completion.

So - counting down - YES. Just like you!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Latest pics of house/bunker and ongoing discussion in the Lounge, folks.

I bet you are all thinking "the sooner Bodge and Jeff get sorted the better - we can get back to proper modelling"!!!!

We'll get there in the end....

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

Been out of the swing of things for a few days, so just a note to say I'm pleased to see things seem to running ok for your impending move.

Best wishes,

mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff,

Been out of the swing of things for a few days, so just a note to say I'm pleased to see things seem to running ok for your impending move.

Best wishes,

mike

Cheers Mike. We're getting there, bit by bit!

I'm sure most readers will have moved home at least once - some, several times. However often I do it it's always amazing when you look back a few months to see the day-by-day progress. If you were told to do all the tasks involved in a couple of weeks you'd probably not bother to move!

Jeff

Jeff, try sorting it out to move it to 3 different locations, I did it once before when I had my 1st Divorce, bit to me, bit to Ex bits to my new flat, bits back to Parents, NIGHTMARE.

This time its bits to storage, bits to Ex son in laws, bits to bung, old clothes to Bung, decent clothes to Steve's, and bits into storage, bet I get some bits in the wrong place and I'm looking for something that Pickfords have in a giant container somewhere.

HAHHHAhhahhaaaeeee, never mind, soon be Christmas, hohohoho. now there's an idea for a new layout, John what you got for sale mate, hhhhaaahah

Edited by Andrew P

Cheers Mike. We're getting there, bit by bit!

I'm sure most readers will have moved home at least once - some, several times. However often I do it it's always amazing when you look back a few months to see the day-by-day progress. If you were told to do all the tasks involved in a couple of weeks you'd probably not bother to move!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The worst move we ever made was from a top floor flat to a ground floor flat in the same building. Easy some may think but trust me you don't pack things properly for a move because its only downstairs, it is, but its a thousand trips down them bloooodly stairs carrying something like a table lamp in one hand and a kettle in the other. Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jeff,

The worst move we ever made was from a top floor flat to a ground floor flat in the same building. Easy some may think but trust me you don't pack things properly for a move because its only downstairs, it is, but its a thousand trips down them bloooodly stairs carrying something like a table lamp in one hand and a kettle in the other. Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!

Good job you weren't moving up then, or you'd have to walk upstairs.

O.K., I'll go now, sorry, coat etc and gone.

• RMweb Premium

Does anybody really ENJOY moving? Though I suppose it must be quite exciting if it's your first property (I can't remember that far back!)

Good luck with the move this Thursday, Andy.

We really DO expect TLGP to be up-and-running by Christmas and Mike has assured me he'll be relentless in his demand for grass on your new layout!

Jeff

• Like 1

Does anybody really ENJOY moving? Though I suppose it must be quite exciting if it's your first property (I can't remember that far back!)

Good luck with the move this Thursday, Andy.

We really DO expect TLGP to be up-and-running by Christmas and Mike has assured me he'll be relentless in his demand for grass on your new layout!

Jeff

Oh yes Lord Lunester, Andrew will be getting regular Up-Beat reminders about the lack of grass, if he does not make any headway in that direction the actions will be reversed e.g. Beat-Up!!!!!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Oh yes Lord Lunester, Andrew will be getting regular Up-Beat reminders about the lack of grass, if he does not make any headway in that direction the actions will be reversed e.g. Beat-Up!!!!!!

That's good to hear. Especially as I'm expecting to be asked about grass - even before the baseboards are fitted!

And I'll be interested to watch you develop the Dent hillsides myself. I was very pleased with the Fell on KL, but the KL2 Fell needs to be a cut above that, if I can manage it.

Jeff

• Like 1