Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Your neighbour seems to have got closer Jeff are you sure there will be room for raised beds and other gardening things?

Funny you say that, Mick, as I actually got the builder to move my house a metre to the left - as viewed in the photo. That meant a 9' gap on the right side - quite ok.

Other than that house there isn't another within 50'.

A house I bought in 1996 was built to the minimum separation spec. I could "chimney" up the gap between me and my neighbour - and often did so up to roof level!!!!

As I'm typing this the site is "sticking" for several seconds at a time. Anyone else noticed this?

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening Jeff,

(Say in Chinese accent, don't know why other than it sounded funnier when I said it to my self)

Confused of Swad says will man have carpet laid before furniture arrive? If not how man move furniture and book boxes for carpet man to lay?

Little guy, big load, heavy for little guy, not good move.

need carpet down first.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Yes, a good point - as the builders won't let you have access until the completion day, at which point you need the furniture....and no carpets. SO:

All the furniture will go into storage one week before the move.

On completion day the fire and fireplace is installed.

The next day, the carpets are fitted.

The next 2 days, 3 rooms downstairs are floor-tiled and allowed to set.

About 5 days after moving in, the furniture is delivered from storage to the house.

2 days after that, 100+ boxes of books are delivered to the (hopefully then ready) new study.

Great fun.

Jeff

• Like 2

On completion day the fire and fireplace is installed.

I'd recon that loading a fire into your brand spanking new house on day 1 of ownership _might_ be suspicious.  Besides, how will you know you hate it already, when you haven't lived there !

I`d love to have the chance to build a completely new house, but I can`t see it happening now.  There was some chance before, but that is growing smaller now.  Most of it was with going to Ontario for a couple of years, which isn`t going to happen, so now the chances of us moving are getting vanishingly small.  There`s no point in us moving from where we are, to somewhere else that would be just as costly.  So, I have what I have, and that`s fairly well it.  I still have 480 sq ft to build a bunker with, but I am unlikely to do even that.  I already received 415 sq ft of space that I didn`t have before, even if I am keeping 8x24 of that clear for the club layout to be set up in.

James

• RMweb Premium

Yes, James. Adding a dose of fire isn't a good idea!! I should have phrased it differently!

As for your bunker space.... Well, I'm very grateful to acquire around 300 sq ft for mine.

Welcome back from your salvage job (if I remember correctly) in the Pacific.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

not yet.  I`m sitting in Hawaii, awaiting to leave.  We leave on the 15th, for the trip which should take ~21 days back.  I'm going to be on USNS Salvor for the trip home.  Should be fun :)

James

It must be hell on Earth being stuck in Hawaii for a few days, James!

Your whole adventure sounds great fun - with a lot more going on than back here in sunny Blighty.

But I think you need to retire so you can work full-time on Long Marton and your other projects!

Safe journey.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

I have only just come on and had no problems with the site but I did last weekend after the DDoS attack.  I assumed it was left over from that and maybe they are trying to test the response again or attacking another site which uses the same routes but not the same provider.

I had a long chat with my son last night and as I suspected DDoS attacks are unlikely to be loan spotty lads in basements, and it is also highly unlikely that they were after RMWeb as such and probably were not trying to hack it to obtain personal information.

Jeff,

You got them to move your house?  No house within fifty feet?  Where are you going to live, up north where there are no jobs and land is cheap?  ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have only just come on and had no problems with the site but I did last weekend after the DDoS attack.  I assumed it was left over from that and maybe they are trying to test the response again or attacking another site which uses the same routes but not the same provider.

I had a long chat with my son last night and as I suspected DDoS attacks are unlikely to be loan spotty lads in basements, and it is also highly unlikely that they were after RMWeb as such and probably were not trying to hack it to obtain personal information.

Jeff,

You got them to move your house?  No house within fifty feet?  Where are you going to live, up north where there are no jobs and land is cheap?  ;)

Morning Chris.

I wasn't happy with the position of the house within its plot. Access to one side was restricted, which was unacceptable. So I insisted the builder shift the house about a metre across the plot. The builder realised that made more sense and complied - everyone happy!

As for the server attacks. We live in a very sad world and, unfortunately, things will probably get worse. Tiny minorities who don't give a toss about anyone else seem more common these days.

Jeff

Just one question before I sign out for a little while.....

Where is Bodge?

Back later.

Jeff

Well I've not seen him around here unless.........He's under that pile of rubble :O  :no:

• RMweb Premium

Well I've not seen him around here unless.........He's under that pile of rubble :O  :no:

Ummmm..... Things go very quiet when he's not around. And he's still knocking in 30 posts a day around the threads.

Hope all is well with the garden and other projects, Jim.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Bodgit (and you); did you realise that you two are in the top ten overall posters on the site?

GOBSHITE ALERT - - - GOBSHITE ALERT - - - GOBSHITE ALERT

:D

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Bodgit (and you); did you realise that you two are in the top ten overall posters on the site?

That's actually quite worrying!!

My god, do I really utter such vast quantities of drivel? Bodge freely admits he churns out plenty of that!!

Just imagine what it'll be like once the bunker work commences! Hours of building followed by hours of gobshiting!

And Jason - I've always admired your eloquent way with words.....

Jeff

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately, it's not possible to break it down into a list of modeling posts and random discussions about drivel; I wonder what the ratio is? :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately, it's not possible to break it down into a list of modeling posts and random discussions about drivel; I wonder what the ratio is? :D

You mean you REALLY need to ask?

Bodge: 90% drivel, 10% modelling   :jester:  :jester: only joking  :jester:  :jester:

Me: 100% modelling - and no drivel - of course!! Erm, don't think so.

To be honest, we've been treading water on here for over 60 pages. Hopefully that'll change in the (relatively) near future.

Jeff

• Like 2

Didn't the great man say something about a club commitment in an earlier post? (If you can find it in the crowd!!)

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

PS, found him on 'Greenfield' one minute ago!

Edited by Jock67B

That's actually quite worrying!!

My god, do I really utter such vast quantities of drivel? Bodge freely admits he churns out plenty of that!!

Just imagine what it'll be like once the bunker work commences! Hours of building followed by hours of gobshiting!

And Jason - I've always admired your eloquent way with words.....

Jeff

I'm saying nothing but you joined this forum just over three weeks after me and I have not long passed only 600 posts. :), but you do keep us fully entertained and we keep coming back for more.

It's a great group to be part of.

• Like 1

Just one question before I sign out for a little while.....

Where is Bodge?

Back later.

Jeff

Bodge is back where the toadstool are you when your needed?

Committee meeting last night, then Knackered.

Mum to Hospital again this morning to see the eye Surgeon, that turned into early afternoon as well.

Busy on the Dog this afternoon, will post results in Lounge later.

Ummmm..... Things go very quiet when he's not around. And he's still knocking in 30 posts a day around the threads.

Hope all is well with the garden and other projects, Jim.

Jeff

Yes good luck with the Garden Jim.

Now Now young Man Old Boy, we cant all sit around on our Flip Flops and twiddel drivvell all day, some of us have to work REALLY HARD at producing the amount of Drivvell we produce.

GOBSHITE did someone from Bingley mention GOBSHITE.

Bingley is the ancient capital of Goshiteshire. and it dates back to ancient Roman times.

Yet in Sandside and the early Anglo Saxon settlement of Sadnsideshite lies the the even earlier settlement of Gobshire.

hhahhahahahaha :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :blum:

You mean you REALLY need to ask?

Bodge: 90% drivel, 10% modelling   :jester:  only joking

Me: 100% modelling - and no drivel - of course!! Erm, don't think so.

To be honest, we've been treading water on here for over 60 pages. Hopefully that'll change in the (relatively) near future.

Jeff

I READ THAT, :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Didn't the great man say something about a club commitment in an earlier post? (If you can find it in the crowd!!)

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

PS, found him on 'Greenfield' one minute ago!

Thanks Jock, at least someone's paying attention.

Cheers mate.