Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Funny - I don't remember Jason evicting you out of your chair. And you can tell that I knew my place - kneeling down thinking "when can I have a go?"

I spotted my 4F 43902 in the Bacup thread. Nice to see some more pics here. It certainly got a workout on Saturday night / Sunday after you'd left.

As Mike said, superb stuff!

Jeff

• Like 3

Doesn't matter when you're at Jason's!!

I've been here for 10 minutes and he's already been drilling and fitting parts to one of my Jubilees....

attachicon.gifDSCF0150a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF0151a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF0152a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF0153a.jpg

Jeff

What does Jason do when the tiny part goes 'ping' out of the tweezers?

Now we know what you were doing on your knees! You might as well confess, searching for a part the size of an ant's leg. .... being the oil pipe below the whatsit leading the thingamajig.

Take my advice. Edit photos. You can do it blindfolded...

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1

What does Jason do when the tiny part goes 'ping' out of the tweezers?

Now we know what you were doing on your knees! You might as well confess, searching for a part the size of an ant's leg. .... being the oil pipe below the whatsit leading the thingamajig.

Take my advice. Edit photos. You can do it blindfolded...

Rob, I think you'll find Jeff was on his knees and just praying for a go on the controller after I'd hogged it all day, hahhahhah.

Bodge :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Rob, I think you'll find Jeff was on his knees and just praying for a go on the controller after I'd hogged it all day, hahhahhah.

That made me chuckle.

The reality is that I was brought up to "always respect your elders". So although I was bursting for a play, I kept silent and let uncle Andy enjoy himself!

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A post for the sake of a post, since nothing on here for 2 days....

Going to see how the house construction is progressing tomorrow. Maybe the new bunker will be underway. A pic or two for those who are interested, tomorrow.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A post for the sake of a post, since nothing on here for 2 days....

Going to see how the house construction is progressing tomorrow. Maybe the new bunker will be underway. A pic or two for those who are interested, tomorrow.

Jeff

Still no bunker foundations, but the main house is shown below. Very heavy sea fret - 30 miles inland. And by the time I got home it had cleared to lovely blue sky. So sorry the pic is a bit dark!

post-13778-0-82463200-1396107723_thumb.jpg

One of these days the railway will re-commence.... Just wait until August!

Jeff

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Yes, Jeff, where is everybody?  :search: :search: :search: :search: :search:

Ray's asking the same question, too.

F1? Finished hours ago.

T20? They're not ALL glued to BBC Sport iPlayer, surely?

Definitely NOT playing trains, or we'd hear about it. :jester: :jester: :jester:

At least there's some movement on the house.

And, if it's any consolation, visibility is no better here.

Polly keeping watch

• Like 2

Hi Poll and all, I started watching practice this morning but had to go out at 09.15 to Wolverhampton for the Greyhounds, came back and watched it at 13.15, Good result.

I wont mention the House again as there has been ANOTHER twist today.

I have just put a couple of Sepia pics of Bacup on Jason's thread, if they are liked I can either put more on there or in the Lounge.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Poll and all, I started watching practice this morning but had to go out at 09.15 to Wolverhampton for the Greyhounds, came back and watched it at 13.15, Good result.

I wont mention the House again as there has been ANOTHER twist today.

I have just put a couple of Sepia pics of Bacup on Jason's thread, if they are liked I can either put more on there or in the Lounge.

I misread your post initially as I was skim-reading it.... I thought you said you had to go out at 9.15 - to the gym!!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to give you a shock....

Will look at your pics - they will be popular. and we'd all love to know what the next house twist is!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Yes, Jeff, where is everybody?  :search: :search: :search: :search: :search:

Ray's asking the same question, too.

F1? Finished hours ago.

T20? They're not ALL glued to BBC Sport iPlayer, surely?

Definitely NOT playing trains, or we'd hear about it. :jester: :jester: :jester:

At least there's some movement on the house.

And, if it's any consolation, visibility is no better here.

Polly keeping watch

Hi Polly.

I can't blame people for not being on KL as there's nothing to report. Still, the occasional posts do keep me sane.

As for the forum - the usual quiet weekend. And I expect a lot of the country isn't suffering from the low mist-fret, so maybe everyone has been enjoying the sun?

The house is growing - ceiling joists in to the upstairs floor. Maybe it'll be sunny in 2 weeks time when I next look!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Evening Jeff, at least you can see yours going up, Only another year and you will look at KL2 and think, YES IT WAS WORTH IT.

Yes, I think you may be right. And in a year's time I suspect you may be visiting to "have a play" with one or two trains on KL2! Hope so.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hope so mate, I've put some more pics on Bacup tonight as my mate cany make it till tomorrow so I'M BORED :no:

I'm too knackered to be bored. The last few days have been very busy. I think I'll just be moping around tomorrow - though the morning viewing I referred to in my PM could be entertaining.

I think tomorrow may be a vase of vegging out.....

A bit of good music in the background, a glass or two of wine, a piece of blank paper to doodle ideas on. Other than a layout to play with, what more could I want?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hope you didn't think I was complaining, Jeff. As you said, just another "post for the sake of it" - fun, isn't it?

I think it's great, though, that we all have other things to do - otherwise we'd have nothing to post about.  And look what happens on threads like this - just blink your eyes/nip out of the room to make a coffee and you're playing catch-up, again...

That was earlier.......

.....but....before clicking the Post button...

"Thought you were going to do some weathering....and what about those little people...."

Well, little people duly toned down a bit (for the '50s not the colour dazzling '60s) and Ray's stuck them in a couple of carriages.  Photos on CQ will appear later....when I've added some weathering powders to complement Ray's spraying.  I've found two good colour pics to help me out here.  That's tomorrow sorted then.

Catch-up time on some more Lunester threads, I think.

Polly

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

No problem, Polly. I'm very happy to see the KL thread continuing on its merry way!

Nice to see people dropping in. As soon as there's any railway activity from me I'll post it up on here.

Now - as you said - time for a look around some other threads.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff glad to see the house is getting there it won't be long till you are modeling in the new house.

Andy sorry to hear about your houes problem hopefully it will get sorted soon.

And dose anyone watch the touring cars anymore the new season starts this weekend  

mark

Cheers Mark. I have to build the main structures in the back garden before I can start in the garage. But I enjoy doing that as much as railway modelling, so it's no problem....

... except it delays the onset of KL2!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Brother will be sorting out the house interior - painting, wallpapering etc.

I'm looking forward to doing the garden for the physical exercise. It's great fun digging out trenches and hand-mixing a few tons of concrete. I know you agree entirely with me, Andy and you are more than welcome to come up and give me a hand!

Jeff

• Like 1

Brother will be sorting out the house interior - painting, wallpapering etc.

I'm looking forward to doing the garden for the physical exercise. It's great fun digging out trenches and hand-mixing a few tons of concrete. I know you agree entirely with me, Andy and you are more than welcome to come up and give me a hand!

Jeff

With GAGS LIKE THAT you should be on the bloooomin stage. :no: :no: :no:

Sweeping it :O

Bodge :sungum: :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

The old ones are always the best.  (Jokes that is.)

• RMweb Premium

I will be on the BLOOMING stage when all my plants start flowering in my beautiful garden.

Sorry, couldn't resist. As for gags, sorry if you're choking at my poor humour.

And Chris - you are just as bad!

Jeff