Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

I could combine both and build a second SHED, or evict Dee into the Shed (along with some spiders) and I'll use the Lounge. haha

Andy.

BTW, YOU TWO GUYS just go on and enjoy yourselves and play trains, I'm off to the Greyhound Kennels now and the its just back to looking at pictures again (NO NOT THAT SORT) :nono: and planning my NEXT SMALL PROJECT. :no:

And again :sungum: :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

OK, first batch of Bacup pics...

attachicon.gifDSCF0031.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0032.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0033.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0034.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0035.JPG

Jeff

EDIT: If I post any more, I'll stick them in the Lounge.

No No No!!!! Stick them in here Jeff. We all need inspiration whether its KL2 or Bacup its irrelevant - its just super modelling and the more the better.

I don't doubt Bacup looks better in the flesh most supermodels do ....... so I am told :jester:  :jester:

While you are there please ask Jason how he disguises joints in the plasticard brick courses, assuming he'll pass on his secrets  :angel:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Some wonderful pics guys, any more to come this evening, when are you heading back home Jeff?

And :sungum:

Plenty more to come Andy. Going home tomorrow lunchtime.

There'll be some vids and we're about to start work on the station building.

More pics later....

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Same as the wagons Andy (although a bit more fiddly) - Screw link couplings.

It's a bit harder with corridor coaches, which is why you very rarely see them on the layout :D

• Like 1

Haworth station. Midland 4F steaming off.... This is the prototype of the Bachmann model.

attachicon.gifDSCF0052.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0053.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0055.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0057.JPG

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Just looking through the Howarth photo's and admiring the classic restoration to the surrounding scene setting it firmly in late 1950's perhaps early 1960's BR London Midland Region right down to the dummy signal post sporting a BLEEDING CCTV CAMERA!!!!!!!!!! I bet the film crews who pay a fortune to film at these places are just elated at this intrusion, society eh!

• RMweb Gold

You all know of my love of viaducts. Here is Hewenden viaduct, near Haworth - about 5 miles from Bingley.

Who says "oop north" is all grim and grime?

attachicon.gifDSCF0059.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0061.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0062.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0064.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0066.JPG

Jeff

That really is a wonderful bit of architecture, and a beautiful setting.

Same as the wagons Andy (although a bit more fiddly) - Screw link couplings.

It's a bit harder with corridor coaches, which is why you very rarely see them on the layout :D

How far is it from the baseboard edge to the loco at the buffers as it looks to be about 2 and a HALF FEET, I know the goods yard is next to the operating well so that's fairly easy, (did you hear that Jeff, FAIRLY EASY).

Andy :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

How far is it from the baseboard edge to the loco at the buffers as it looks to be about 2 and a HALF FEET, I know the goods yard is next to the operating well so that's fairly easy, (did you hear that Jeff, FAIRLY EASY).

Andy :sungum:

You need to ask Jason about that.

Btw, this shunting malarchy is bl**dy addictive. Even with 3 links!!

More pics later - promise......

Jeff

• Like 3

Hi Jeff I thought it was the viaduct was the one on the great harwood line near burnley I forgot about that one it's got a good view from track level wish it was still open

Good shots of bacup btw

PS it's took me 3 12 hour shifts to read your topic good work

Mark

Edited by mark axlecounter
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff I thought it was the viaduct was the one on the great harwood line near burnley I forgot about that one it's got a good view from track level wish it was still open

Good shots of bacup btw

PS it's took me 3 12 hour shifts to read your topic good work

Mark

Cheers Mark.

I wondered who it was who'd been looking through the thread. You probably know more about it than me!

Yes, it was great going onto that viaduct. Plenty going on round here - and how can it not be a laugh with Jason around.

Back from the curry - time to get something to eat!

Jeff