Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

460 pages and nearly a QUARTER OF A MILLION VIEWS.

Well done Jeff. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Andy :sungum:

Thanks for that. I'll join in the mutual back-slapping and congratulate you on 7,000 posts!!!

Amazing how much hot air me and thee have pumped out over the last 2 years!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I'll join in the mutual back-slapping and congratulate you on 7,000 posts!!!

Amazing how much hot air me and thee have pumped out over the last 2 years!!

Jeff

Well where did all that garbage come from? :O :o :O

Oh yes, posts like this I guess :no:

And :beee:

• RMweb Gold

We won't be quite as bad but we will have both the bedrooms furniture and the Lounge stuff all in the Lounge whilst we decorate the 2 Bedrooms and the hall plus hang 6 new doors and have the carpets laid in the bedrooms BEFORE we start moving the beds in there.

We will be living / eating / Sleeping (or trying to) in the Lounge.

The Kitchen will also be re furbished at the same time.

Oh and did I mention the Garage :O

Andy :beee:

Andy,

I do sympathise.  When we had our extension built the whole of the downstairs became a no go area for a couple of months so we lived round a table in an upstairs bedroom.  It soon pases though, although the costs do not seem to.  Having said that I have heard nothing about new carpets in the last few weeks.

• RMweb Gold

We won't be quite as bad but we will have both the bedrooms furniture and the Lounge stuff all in the Lounge whilst we decorate the 2 Bedrooms and the hall plus hang 6 new doors and have the carpets laid in the bedrooms BEFORE we start moving the beds in there.

Did you ask Jeff if you could sleep in the Lounge?? :O

Must remember to be quiet when I next pop in there...

:jester: :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Ah, I remember those days of moving from one room to another....just remind me not to move....

Don't mind making myself at home in the Lounge though - that we'll just have to live with - though it is felt, in some quarters, that I should be elsewhere modelling or laying t***k - as if.  :jester:

Polly T Lady

• RMweb Premium

I've just returned from a visit to the building site. The new house is about 25 miles from where I currently live, in a much more rural setting. Very therapeutic driving up there, through all the gorgeous Durham scenery....

It's almost certainly a June completion now, but good to see more brickwork in place compared to ten days ago. I'll be back there at the end of next week so there'll be a pic or two then. 

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

I do sympathise.  When we had our extension built the whole of the downstairs became a no go area for a couple of months so we lived round a table in an upstairs bedroom.  It soon pases though, although the costs do not seem to.  Having said that I have heard nothing about new carpets in the last few weeks.

It'll be a case of sleeping bags for 2-3 weeks while I  get all the tiling, carpets, fireplace, orangery stuff sorted after legal completion.

I expect I'll start work in "Bunker Mark II" at the start of September.

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well where did all that garbage come from? :O :o :O

Oh yes, posts like this I guess :no:

And :beee:

Well Andy, there are a few of us who have plenty to say on here. Normally it's backed up by lots of modelling, but these are abnormal times. And I know from spending time with you and Jason that the three of us could talk for England! And what's wrong with that?

Anyway, long may it continue. Imagine a thread without any humour or where people were afraid to go off thread. For ME (and I know some people take a diametrically opposite view) that would be a nightmare. If we ever lose what's in here I'll ask Andy Y to lock the thread.

Right, I'm off to study plans. Not of KL2. Not of KS station. Plans showing socket, telephone points, lamp positions etc for the new house. Oh joy!

Jeff

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

No need to worry about plans for the station; I mapped it all out in 4mm (in Excel) and I have to admit that I have even done a dry run to check everything in mounting board, minor adjustments made to the Excel sheet along the way. I only marked on where the windows and doors need to go (e.g. lines drawn for the cutouts) but to all intents and purposes, I now have the components for the shell of Kirkby Stephen Station in 4mm......

You just know that I will finish it off at some point :D

• Like 4

Jeff the LITTLE Layout won't be a Shed, just a yard / or something simple, just a couple of points and some nice scenics.

WHAT DO I KEEP SAYING

Just a couple of points :O

simple :nono:

nice scenics :no:

I'll be modeling a plain field next and saying its HS2, just not finished yet :sungum:

Hi Andy,

Just a simple layout! That's what I said about Dent!!! I've never taken this long to build any layout so I know where your coming from. We'll get there good buddy 10-4.

• Like 2

Hi Chip.

I think the third photo is the lead up to Blea Moor North tunnel. I think the problem in recognition may be because the third picture is printed the wrong way round - it needs flipping left to right.

Compare these two pics, the first is Dave's, the second is from Google...

attachicon.gif3-10-2008_034p.jpg

attachicon.gifgallery_7011_1184_101490.jpg

The wall arrangement close to the tunnel portal - which I modelled - looks the same, though the vegetation has grown on the moor in the intervening 40 years!

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

Me confused? no third picture to comment on?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Just a simple layout! That's what I said about Dent!!! I've never taken this long to build any layout so I know where your coming from. We'll get there good buddy 10-4.

The funny thing is, Mike, that the building - and the anticipation of the next task - is often the fun bit. I don't want a layout to be finished - I want to be able to run trains through decent surroundings, but I still want to be able to add/change things.

If KL2 takes 5 years I'll be very happy. Imagine the boredom (!!!  :O  :O !!!) of "just" sitting, playing trains. That would be AWFUL (tongue in cheek comment).

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff.

Me confused? no third picture to comment on?

Hi Mike.

It's the third photo from post # 11437 on page 458.

I then took it and compared it to modern view looking over the viaduct. I'm sure Dave's original is Blea moor north, printed left to right.

Jeff

Hi Mike.

It's the third photo from post # 11437 on page 458.

I then took it and compared it to modern view looking over the viaduct. I'm sure Dave's original is Blea moor north, printed left to right.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Without doubt that is the Blea Moor north tunnelmouth view and the photo is flipped over. The difference in vegetation is remarkable, you could get a few nice 8"x8" cocktail stick from that lot :jester:  :jester:

Re: Layout building. I am totally in agreement with you. I have built dozens of layouts and in complete honesty once trains are running I'm looking for something to modify or update or weather more, or anything other that sit and watch trains, BUT having said that I have stated that Dent will be my final build and I just want to watch the trains go by.........time will tell eh! :nono:  :nono:  :stinker:  :stinker: :no:  :no:  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I plan 5 years for KL2 and when the majority of the construction work/buildings/scenery is complete I plan to build some kind of shunting plank.....

But only time will tell. There's a whole new layout to build before that!

Jeff

• Like 1

I think when I initially looked at this, airmail packets as long as 1 metre were hugely expensive, but I might be wrong.... in any event I thought the local supplier of C&L would be ok and I saw no great difficulty in assembling 10 250mm lengths of track.... how wrong I was! Again.

Anyway, waste not, want not...

half-finished pic... new packages arrived from Hattons B17 and Evening Star I think, so who cares about track?

attachicon.gifStandard_5MT_B1_Shed_1abcde_r700.jpg

Rob

i really need to learn to use my camera this photo is stunning 

• RMweb Premium

i really need to learn to use my camera this photo is stunning 

A list of Rob's photos - in the first 350 or so of pages of KL - can be found in post # 5640 here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53448-kirkby-luneside-well-and-truly-plastered/page-226

He is something of a master with this type of model photography!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Andy, I've been sent packing - I failed the first exam! I'd forgotten that Jason expected me to learn all the loco addresses before I was allowed to "play trains".

So I'm currently sat watching.....

And by the way, Bacup is a lot MORE impressive than the photos of it show.

Jeff 

• Like 2

Has Jason got you thinking Terminus, because I know I would if I were there, like Borchester Market, there is so much realistic operation in a Terminus plan.

Help, I'm having a re think.

Need a coffee with LOADS of whiskey to calm me down.

And :sungum: