Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Jeff its now FORTY PAGES since you reached the mighty 400.

Bodge :sungum:

Not far off 11,000 post's as well. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

It's also about 40 pages since I did anything resembling modelling!

That will change when I've consulted Professor Thomas (aka Jason) in Bingley.

11,000 posts is crazy! How many by the time KL2 is up and running? The mind boggles.

Just done a couple of hours of Physics tuition....

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More like Anti depressants Paul, going from a nice warm, but small Den that I can walk into from the hall, to outside in the P***ing rain to get into a shed with the door lock jammed, then the door itself jammed, rain running down my neck and a prized possession Loco in the other hand getting wet, then get the heater on and realized I forgot to turn the power on indoors.

Then the phone rings, hahhaha

Bodge in wellies and sou'wester :O

Oh and did I mention the SNOW DRIFTS UP THE DOOR :no:  

Yes, Andy.... but look at it this way....

Going from a nice warm small den to a LARGE, I repeat LARGE den for TLGP.

To hell with the temperature!!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Could possibly be at 500 pages calculating the the number of posts in the 2 Months back from today when DEMOLITION started, so 40 pages in 2 Months, another 60 before you even move, well it could be Page 600 for the actual birth of KL2.

Bodeg :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

No, thanks for all the nice shots, on a serious note it has convinced me that WHATEVER I decide to do, that baseboards will have to be removeable for the wiring to be done.

I am considering a second shed about 6 x 8 or so just for a workbench and spraying, I have seen the ones with the sloping out front windows and a bench along for Maximum daylight, something like this.

attachicon.gif2738_8_x_6_waltons_premier_groundsman_potting_shed_2141_cm-scaleaddwhite_w-267_h-267_q-95_wm-634944487133155000.jpg

Bodgit :sungum:

Now that looks like a very good idea.

My brother and I are planning on buying a fully insulated 5m x 4m "summer house" to stick on the drive to use as an (shock horror and Belgian buns!!!!!!!!!!!!) EXERCISE room....

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Could possibly be at 500 pages calculating the the number of posts in the 2 Months back from today when DEMOLITION started, so 40 pages in 2 Months, another 60 before you even move, well it could be Page 600 for the actual birth of KL2.

Bodeg :sungum:

I do wonder if we'll have scared loads of people off by that time! Do you think we can maintain interest for another 5 months?

I DO apologise to those out there who want to see me building stone walls and planet-sized Fells. It's what I want to do, but it's a bit tricky when your new house is still an open field!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Now that looks like a very good idea.

My brother and I are planning on buying a fully insulated 5m x 4m "summer house" to stick on the drive to use as an (shock horror and Belgian buns!!!!!!!!!!!!) EXERCISE room....

Jeff

Stick on the DRIVE? :no:  Do you actually mean at the front of the House :nono:  so people can see you working up a sweaty, :O  sticky, :no: smelly body :nono: , in public :O :o :O :o

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :triniti:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What's the free treatment Bodge? Antibiotics?

Damn, you beat me to it, Paul - having been busy for the last 2 hours.

I would have suggested "psychiatric" - NOT just for Bodge, but for a few of us!

(Especially the AV brigade .... just wondering how long it'll be before Kal responds).

Anyway, it's a GREAT hobby. Those outside of it don't appreciate what they are missing, beta blockers and all!  :O  :O

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Stick on the DRIVE? :no:  Do you actually mean at the front of the House :nono:  so people can see you working up a sweaty, :O  sticky, :no: smelly body :nono: , in public :O :o :O :o

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :triniti:

It'll all be in private (!!!!!!!) The drive is quite long (about 70 feet), so the building can be erected (behave!) in front of the garage. I can sweat to my heart's content while running a 9F or two around KL2.

Tell you what, when you come up, you can book a session in the exercise booth while I play with your locos!

Jeff

I do wonder if we'll have scared loads of people off by that time! Do you think we can maintain interest for another 5 months?

I DO apologise to those out there who want to see me building stone walls and planet-sized Fells. It's what I want to do, but it's a bit tricky when your new house is still an open field!!

Jeff

Once you have visited the Right Honorable Jason Thomas, QC, (That's Quality Control by the way) you will be scratch building like J and Al, I can see dinner plates the size of pin heads on the tables through the leaded windows, and ladies underware scattered all around. :no:

Oh there's loads more to post before KL2 gets its timber ordered :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

• Like 1

It'll all be in private (!!!!!!!) The drive is quite long (about 70 feet), so the building can be erected (behave!) in front of the garage. I can sweat to my heart's content while running a 9F or two around KL2.

Tell you what, when you come up, you can book a session in the exercise booth while I play with your locos!

Jeff

NOW I KNOW YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

• RMweb Premium

Once you have visited the Right Honorable Jason Thomas, QC, (That's Quality Control by the way) you will be scratch building like J and Al, I can see dinner plates the size of pin heads on the tables through the leaded windows, and ladies underware scattered all around. :no:

Oh there's loads more to post before KL2 gets its timber ordered :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

I was going to start on the station for KL2. If I built it along the "George T" lines, I could have made progress by now.

But I thought I'd give Jason's mounting board/plastikard method a go and I need to get some details clear in my mind before I start.Anyway, if I muck it up I'll just use the experience to do it better second time.

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff

I dont think you will have any problem keeping up interest here, you will always have the hadcore Lunesters chipping in keeping the thread live & active.  :declare:

Plus many more who come back to the thread time & time again to look at the techniques used & transfer hopefully on to their own layouts.  :locomotive:

Luckily I fall into both groups  :sungum:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Jeff,

I think we have discussed motive power for KL2, and the NER line, but have we talked about all the possibilities of freight workings?  Also, I know we have not discussed, I am sorry to use the word-- coaches.  I am sure that you would have something more interesting tham MK1s, plus as I do recall being mentioned, diverted expessses.

Andy,

A second shed may be a good idea but I think, (This is my own view and may be totally wrong), it will be too hot in summer and too cold in winter with all that glass.  I assume that you would not leave anything valueable in it either.

• RMweb Gold

Forget the exercise room just use a handsaw to make all those baseboards that should keep you fit (and you are likely to keep all your fingers).

I like the second shed Andy. Usually those things are placed for maximum sun to grow things however for painting it is better if it faces north.

Don

Cheers Chris and Don, your both right, and so I will go back to sleep and dream of a cosy warm bunker, 80ft x 20ft and a view over the Med. with a beach full of beauties. :nono:

Oh sod the trains. :O  I'm off for a jog on the beach, :no:  :no:  :no:  (holding my stomach in of course) :scared: :scared:

• RMweb Premium

Jeff,

I think we have discussed motive power for KL2, and the NER line, but have we talked about all the possibilities of freight workings?  Also, I know we have not discussed, I am sorry to use the word-- coaches.  I am sure that you would have something more interesting tham MK1s, plus as I do recall being mentioned, diverted expessses.

Andy,

A second shed may be a good idea but I think, (This is my own view and may be totally wrong), it will be too hot in summer and too cold in winter with all that glass.  I assume that you would not leave anything valueable in it either.

Chris, motive power and freight is reasonably wrapped up at the moment.

Passenger traffic is a very different matter. Yes, I have a few maroon and blood/custard Mk 1s, but I've never had a flair/interest for coaches, so my knowledge in that area is very, VERY limited. Yes, I could look it up, but there are other more interesting things to do!

So - if you guys would care to educate me, go ahead. I suggest you assume the motive power will be Brits, Jubilees, Patriots. Take a period from 1956 - 1968.

If you wish to suggest/discuss some coach formations, specify which models etc to use, that'd probably be very useful to a lot of people.

I will admit, though, that 80%+ of the traffic on KL will be freight.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Chris and Don, your both right, and so I will go back to sleep and dream of a cosy warm bunker, 80ft x 20ft and a view over the Med. with a beach full of beauties. :nono:

Oh sod the trains. :O  I'm off for a jog on the beach, :no:  :no:  :no:  (holding my stomach in of course) :scared: :scared:

I'm sure it was you that's in that advert where the "guy" comes out of the water and struts up to all those beautiful women on the beach....

No, wait a minute, that was "Mr Cheesy-strings".

Sorry for the mis-identification. Just the sort of thing that Edward Snowden has been warning us about!  :scared:  :scared:

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Chris, motive power and freight is reasonably wrapped up at the moment.

Passenger traffic is a very different matter. Yes, I have a few maroon and blood/custard Mk 1s, but I've never had a flair/interest for coaches, so my knowledge in that area is very, VERY limited. Yes, I could look it up, but there are other more interesting things to do!

So - if you guys would care to educate me, go ahead. I suggest you assume the motive power will be Brits, Jubilees, Patriots. Take a period from 1956 - 1968.

If you wish to suggest/discuss some coach formations, specify which models etc to use, that'd probably be very useful to a lot of people.

I will admit, though, that 80%+ of the traffic on KL will be freight.

Jeff

In that case jeff, I would suggest that you just add a couple of Stanier Coaches into the rake of MK 1's.

Then for the Locals it would possibly be Stanier Suburban None Corridors, Hornby do some nice ones.

• RMweb Premium

Chris,

Re. Andy's second shed.

Good point about all the glass - not easy to insulate, though many sheds now have double glazing options.

I think Andy just wanted to gain a bit more space to free up options for TLGP - and not asphyxiate himself at the same time once his "spray booth" gets into action.

Andy/anyone else. If you want to illustrate the coachwork - please post pics. Breaks up the monotony of writing and helps those of us who can't read properly!

Jeff

Jeff, the idea of the second shed was so that I could put the layout all around the walls in the main shed and not be concerned about daylight when I am working / spraying along under the window.

Edited by Andrew P

Chris,

Re. Andy's second shed.

Good point about all the glass - not easy to insulate, though many sheds now have double glazing options.

I think Andy just wanted to gain a bit more space to free up options for TLGP - and not asphyxiate himself at the same time once his "spray booth" gets into action.

Andy/anyone else. If you want to illustrate the coachwork - please post pics. Breaks up the monotony of writing and helps those of us who can't read properly!

Jeff

I am having a similar problem to Andy, with my plans to run track round all the walls (and door for that matter but that's another problem) running out of Room to use as actual workshop space.

• RMweb Gold

Chris,

Re. Andy's second shed.

Jeff

Jeff, I do understand why Andy would want a shed ana actually think it is a good idea but I was just concerned about that one.

• Like 1